The end of the beginning - the Umbrella epilogue.

Chapter was originally posted : 26/11/2023 on AO3 by 0Creativity0 (me).

---------------------------------------------------------

" - Hi.

- Jesus fucking Christ Killua! Gon yelled stumbling over his feet, hitting his head against the wall. "

Gon, who was in the bathroom getting ready for bed, almost died of a heart attack when he heard the door shot open. But just like the first time this had happened, it was just Killua. The guy that entered his bathroom one day, pretending to be in a drunken state. The dude who Gon had fallen for.

Gon rubbed the back of his head. He was putting the bow and rings he'd used today back in their containers when Killua came in. He was almost ready to get out of there.

Killua was standing, looking at Gon through the (now open) door, slightly bent down as to not bang his head on the doorframe (Killua was tall, the frame was low, they were not a very great match). The room behind him still confused Gon. He wasn't used to the sight of it, they were currently at a hotel, out of town. It was dark, all lights turned off and even if the blinds were open, it was pitch black, thus Gon couldn't see past Killua. He didn't really care about what was behind, tho, because he could see Killua, and that was much more interesting.

Killua was amazing but he was also and before all Killua, and right now, Gon was mad at Killua. So, like the first time they'd met, Gon frowned.

" - You gotta stop doing that! He complained, hands falling to his hips.

- I know. I'm sorry. Killua apologized, but really, it couldn't be less heartfelt.

- So you leave me in the morning and come back when I'm about to sleep, now? Gon questioned rhetorically. I thought we said no more abandoning me at night. "

Gon's pajamas were pink with little cows on them. Killua had a hard time taking him seriously like that, and he could not fight his grin off of his face. He would've made a joke about it if Gon didn't sound so genuinely frustrated.

" - And you weren't even worried that I was gone? Killua asked.

- You do this so much, at this point I'm not even worried anymore, just mad. "

Killua rolled his eyes but Gon knew he wasn't mad.

" - I had a great reason to do it, this time. Killua contested.

- Oh? Well I'd be glad to be the judge of that. Gon's arms rised to cross over his chest as he moved out of the bathroom, turned on the lights and sat on the bed.

- I left to get you a Christmas gift. Killua said, following Gon around and raising a rather big paper bag in his hands.

- That's what you spent the whole day doing? Gon asked, he sounded touched and his eyes were soft like cotton. They warmed Killua from the inside out.

- Yeah. He nodded.

- You didn't need to, Killua! He smiled and Killua decided it was all worth it. The headache, the lines, the waiting, the walking, the disguise he had to put on and the the money he'd spent. All of it.

- Open it! He said. I want to know what you think of it. Gon giggled.

- Impatient aren't you. He picked up the bag from Killua's hands carefully, not opening it. We've got to wait for Christmas day for that.

- Isn't it Christmas week right now? Killua asked, confused.

- It is. Gon confirmed. But it's not Christmas day. He walked across the room and crouched down to place the gift by the fireplace where Killua's already waited.