CHAPTER 9

Chapter 9: DAMIEN'S POV

These days have been an intriguing blend of excitement and introspection. As I scrolled through my social media, I noticed Annette's like on one of my Instagram posts, a small gesture that sparked a sense of connection. She even followed me back, which meant I was on her good side. It was a relief after that incident where I had saved her from a potentially dangerous situation.

Since that day, Annette has graciously agreed to give me her number. It was a small victory, considering my persistent requests to stay in touch. We started talking and agreed to meet for a coffee date. Although I was upfront with my intentions of wanting to be friends, I was eager to have a meaningful conversation with her. Lately, my thoughts had been a storm inside me, and being with Annette brought a certain peace that was hard to describe.

On this particular day, I was preparing to meet my parents. They always emphasized finding the perfect girl, someone that aligned with their beliefs. While I appreciated their concern, I hadn't seen Annette in that light. They emphasized on the belief that God's timing is perfect, and maybe someday, the right person would come into my life or is already in my life but I don't know.

After talking to my parents they both returned to their hotel since they had an early flight. I had discussed with them and I told them I had made a friend at school and we had an upcoming coffee date with her. They supported my decision to be friends with her, and I felt a sense of relief.

They assured me that everything would fall into place in due time, echoing their unwavering faith in God's plan.

My best friend, Jack, had arrived, and we spent the day catching up and sharing laughs. He noticed Annette in the pictures on my Instagram and was immediately taken by Rose, Annette's best friend. " Bro this girl is fucking cute she is a definite smash," my best friend said. " Yes she is cute you could look good together by the way," I said while laughing. " You know bro I only do hookups nothing else," he said. "I know that bro but she is Annette's friend but she loves to party you can vibe and see where it goes or leads to," I said. " I will talk to her some of these fine days," he said. His enthusiasm about Rose's appearance made me chuckle, and I could tell he was smitten.

As night fell, we decided to wind down. We had a few drinks which were Jack Daniels and Hennessy, Jack's favorite tunes filling the room he is a real Chris brown fan. It was a night to let loose and temporarily escape the whirlwind of thoughts that often haunted me.

Before drifting into slumber, the thoughts of the upcoming coffee date with Annette filled my mind. I was genuinely looking forward to it, eager to talk to her and maybe find a flicker of peace in her company.

As the night took over and the weight of the day was eased by the gentle embrace of sleep, I hoped for brighter days ahead, trusting that the complexities of life would eventually unravel into clarity and purpose.

The afternoon sun was painting the sky as I prepared to meet Annette. I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. After a quick shower, I chose my outfit: black denim Calvin Klein jeans, a crisp white Calvin Klein t-shirt, paired with some J4s and a stylish Calvin Klein denim jacket. Stepping into my Audi A8, I drove to her house, where she had shared her location with me.

Annette looked stunning as she greeted me. She wore a knee-length black tight dress that gracefully hugged her body, accentuating her figure. Her hair cascaded in loose waves, adding to her charm. The silver heels she adorned completed her elegant look.

"Good morning, Damien. How was your night? I hope you slept well," she greeted warmly.

"I had a wonderful night. What about you?" I responded, concealing my inner struggles.