Chapter 13

Other than the slight headache, I think this is the best I've ever woken up since I've been here

Other than the slight headache, I think this is the best I've ever woken up since I've been here. When my eyes fling open, I scan a section of the dim room. I attempt to sit up but a strong pair of heavy arms prevent me.

Shit. Did I actually fall asleep in here with Jonah?

I turn my head to look at him. His face looks soft and relaxed. But he manages to look just as good as he does any other day. And I hate to admit that. I manage to slip out of his hold and plant my feet on the cold hardwood floors before shuffling out of there quietly. Once I gently close the door, memories of last night appear.

I haven't had an anxiety attack as bad as that in a long time. It usually would take up to an hour for me to calm down. Jonah managed to do it in 10 minutes.
                                           ✰

It doesn't take me long to notice that Alana is gone, causing me to wake up

I suddenly remember about all the shit I had planned today and sit up, dragging myself out of bed.

                                           ✰

Alana is the first thing I see after making my way downstairs. She's sitting on the couch with her hair in a messy bun while reading a book and taking small sips of coffee. Fuck me. I make my way over to her before I think of anything indecent at nine thirty in the morning.

She notices me and readjusts herself. "You're finally up." She says before taking another sip.
A corner of my mouth lifts up, "Oh, have you been sitting here waiting for me?" I tease.

She rolls her eyes, "please." Her voice laced with sarcasm. "At least tell me that there's more coffee." I say as I run my hands through my hair to help myself wake up.

"In the kitchen." Alana says. I make my way there and pour myself a cup, adding in some creamer and sugar before stirring and walking back to her.

"After this, go on and get ready. We've got some things to do but it's not until later so take your time." I state as I sit down a few inches beside her. She looks at me curiously, "What are we doing later?" I set my cup on a nearby coaster, "Charity dinner with your parents, and a close friend of mine's birthday party."