Ch 6

Marty's POV

Doc was driving me and Einstein to my future home.

Doc explained, very worried, "Annie, that is older Annie, usually gets home about this time. I hope we're not too late."

He pressed his visor up to his eyes. He seemed worried about what he saw.

I asked, "What's wrong, Doc?"

Doc shook his head and answered, "I thought I saw a taxi cab in my rearview display. It's probably nothing."

We landed in front of Hilldale and we got out of the De Lorean.

I said, freaking out, "I live in Hilldale? Aw, this is heavy."

Doc turned to me and responded, "Marty, why don't you change and I'll go find Annie."

Doc ran off with Einstein and I said to myself, "Hilldale, this is bitching."

I couldn't help how Annie was taking all of this and I was wondering what she was finding out. I saw something really strange. A floating disk...walking a dog! I had to walk over and watch. After all, it's not every day you see futuristic things.

...

Annie's POV

I quickly got out of disguise and hoped that no one brought up that Emma was home. I heard the phone ring.

I heard Marty say, "Okay, I've got it in the den. Yo, I'm here."

I heard another voice say, "Hey, it's the big M."

I heard that voice somewhere before...

Marty responded, "Hey, Needles."

I whispered, "Needles?"

I heard Needles saying, "So, have you had a chance to take a look at my proposal? Are you in or out?"

Marty responded, "I'm out, Needles. It's illegal."

Illegal? What the hell? What was Marty doing in illegal dealings or whatever it was?

Needles said, "Oh come on. Unless you want everyone to think that you're chicken."

I froze. 'Uh oh,' I thought.

Marty screamed, "Nobody calls me chicken, Needles! Nobody!"

Marty got into whatever it was and got fired. I took the fax and my heart sank.

I heard Marty mumble, "What am I going to tell Annie? I'm sorry that I let you down, Doc."

I heard Doc calling me and I saw him in the window.

I ran over and whispered, "Doc, I'm glad to see you!"

Doc smiled at me and whispered, "Go out the front door, Annie. I'll meet you there."

I nodded and responded, "Okay, Doc. I'll be there."

I snuck out of the closet. I put the fax in my pocket.

I heard the automatic voice say, "Welcome home, Annie."

I turned and saw my older self.

Her eyes bugged out and she shouted, "I'm young!"

With that, she fainted. I shrugged and saw Doc.

I said to him, jokingly, "You know, I never expected that."

Doc smiled that I was okay.

He turned around and called, "Marty! Come here!"

Marty ran over to me and hugged me feverishly.

He let go of me and asked, "Annie, are you okay?"

I smiled and answered, "I'm fine. What were you expecting for a paradox to occur?"

Doc and Marty both looked sheepish.

Doc explained, "That was one of the possibilities. The other possibility was for you to use your older self fainting as an excuse."

Marty shot me a look and asked, "How come you're not worried about growing old?"

I shrugged and answered, "It's a part of life, isn't it?"

We got back to the DeLorean as Doc added, sadly, "This whole experience has shown me that time traveling is too dangerous. So, once we get back to 1985, I'm destroying this inferno time machine."

My face fell as did Marty's.

He asked, "But, Doc. What about humanity? What about where we're going and why?"

I perked up at this and asked, jokingly, "Uh, did I miss something when I was with Clayton?"

Doc got some garbage near-by and added, "I'm just sorry that I won't be able to visit my favorite time, the Old West. Even though I won't be able to time travel anymore, I'll be able to study other mysteries of the world. Uh, that I'll need your help for, Annie."

I shot Doc a look and responded, "Sorry, Doc. Guys will never understand girls. No matter what kind of science stuff you do."

Doc sheepishly smiled and Marty laughed at my joke. We got in the DeLorean.

Doc instructed us, "Everyone, prepare for time dispersal."

With the sound of those three familiar sonic booms, we arrived back in the past. The time circuits read, 'October 26, 1985 at 8:10 p.m.' Doc seemed distant at first, like something was wrong.

Marty asked, "Did we make it?"

Doc flipped up his visor.

I asked, "Are we back?"

A plane flew by us, scaring us all.

Doc finally answered, scared out of his mind, "We're back."

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!