Ch 14

November 12, 1955

9:45 p.m.

Annie's POV

Marty took out the walkie-talkie and called Doc.

He reported, "Doc, success! We've got the book!"

Doc seemed pleased and responded, "Great work, you two! I've got to reload the fusion generator and I'll meet you on the roof of the school in ten minutes."

I responded, "On the roof, ten-four, Doc."

With that, we hung up on Doc and ran into Biff's goons.

One of them said, "Hey, it's them!"

The other said, "And they're in disguise!"

Marty pointed at nothing and asked them, "Guys, what's that?"

They turned to look at nothing, Marty pushed them out of the way, and we ran off. We ducked in the gym, where we saw Uncle George and Aunt Lorraine dancing together. Uncle George waved to the other Marty and the other me on the stage. We both smiled at the sight. Just then, we heard the gym door open and we hid behind some decorations.

We heard one of them say, "Where did they go so fast?"

The other said, "Look, there they are! Let's jump them went they get off the stage."

The third one asked, "How the hell did they changed their clothes so fast?"

Marty pulled out his walkie-talkie and said, "Doc, come in."

Doc asked, "What's up, you two?"

I reported, "Some goons chased us into the gym and they're going to jump...us!"

Doc didn't see the problem like we did and responded, "Then, get out of there!"

Marty explained, "Not us, Doc! The other us! The ones on stage playing Johnny B. Good."

Doc responded, "Great Scott! If those goons get to your other selves, you won't be able to make the clock tower and that could cause a paradox!"

I perked up and blurted out, "Wait a minute! A paradox as in one of those things that can destroy the universe?"

Doc responded, "Precisely! You must stop those goons at all costs without being seen by your other selves or Marty's parents!"

Marty and I exchanged 'oh, boy here we go again' looks.

Marty told Doc, "Ten-four."

We sneaked onto the stage, climbed up the ladder, and we chimed across the poles.

I whispered, "This is worse than the time we tried to convince Dave that Doc was actually not doing experiments on Einstein."

Marty whispered, "Yeah, the only difference is that we're saving our other selves."

I nodded and whispered, "True."

Marty un-tied the ropes holding up some sandbags and they went down on the goons. The goons were down and out. Marty and I slid down the rope.

We heard the other Marty saying, "I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet but you're kids are going to love it."

Marty and I dashed away from back stage.

Marty radioed Doc, "Doc success. Everything is cool."

Doc responded, "Great work you two. I'll meet you on the roof in five minutes."

I said, "We'll be there."

With that, we went out the door. Marty and I decided to peek in and we saw our other selves talking to Uncle George and Aunt Lorraine. Just then, a masculine voice captured our attention.

The voice said, "Hey, buttheads."

We turned and saw Biff with a fat lip. I giggled a little under my breath but Biff ignored me and kept his attention on Marty.

He said, angrily, "Do you think those disguises could fool me? Let's have it out. Right here, right now."

Marty turned around, wrapped his left arm around my waist, and responded, "No thanks."

We started to walk away but one word made both Marty and I stop dead in our tracks.

He asked, "What are you, chicken?"

'Uh oh,' I thought. Marty went over to him and his arm slowly slipped out of my hand. It was like a bad romantic film.

He said, "Nobody calls me chicken."

Just then, the door swung open, our other selves ran right by, and Marty collapsed to the ground. I ran over to Marty and leaned over him. But before I could ask him if he was alright, Biff pushed me out of the way.

He grabbed the almanac and slurred, "You steal my stuff?"

With that, he kicked Marty in the stomach. He writhed in pain and Biff left. I got up as fast as I could and ran after him but he got to his car and drove off. I ran back to Marty, who weakly got up. I grabbed his arm and wrapped it around my shoulder and dragged Marty up to the roof. We saw Doc and he ran over to us.

He asked, scared out of his mind, "Annie, what happened to Marty?"

Marty weakly answered, "Biff nailed me and took the book. I'm sorry Doc. You should get out of here while you can."

Doc shook his head and responded, "Never mind that now. Which way did he go?"

I answered, "East, towards the River Road tunnels."

Doc commanded, "Get in!"

We got in and flew off towards the direction Biff went. Marty opened the door and looked through his binoculars.

He said, "Let's land on him. We'll cripple his car."

Doc shook his head and responded, "Marty, he's in a '47 Ford. We're in a De Lorean. He'll rip threw us like we were tin foil."

I perked up and asked, "So, what do we do, Doc?"

Doc responded, "I've got a plan. Annie, get the hover board!"

I picked up a pink floating board and handed it to Marty.

I told him, "Please be careful, Marty."

He smiled at me and responded, "I will be, Annie."

With that, he got out of the De Lorean and Doc and I took off. He tied the rope to the steering wheel and I climbed down it.

Doc said, "Be careful, Annie."

I shot Doc a look and responded, "Relax, Doc. You're looking at one expert rope climber the best in the senior class."

I climbed down and saw Marty coming towards me.

I yelled, "Grab my hand!"

He did as I instructed and when he grabbed onto my hand, I knew that we were meant to be. That's when I made up my mind. I had to tell him about the accident after we set things straight. Doc took off with a shot. The last we saw of Biff, he crashed into the same manure truck.

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!