The Pasta and The Empanada

"Let them go. They did nothing." Miguel yells as he looks up from his sitting form in his spiderman-suit.

*How the hell did I got myself into this?* Miguel thinks to himself.

He is in an abandoned warehouse with a few criminals. Miguel got an information that they were selling humans, especially children. So obviously Miguel went to take care of it himself. Without any backup, without any help, despite Lyla's warnings and with the hope it will take his mind of Mary.

That didn't quite work out. He could only think of her, which is why he is now tied up by chains all around his torso while he is sitting on the hard, rotten floor. He obviously tried to break free from the chains but even if he does break out a bullet would go straight into his head from one of the three men in front of him.

"I give you one chance to let those kids go or..." Miguel starts as he looks at the trucks in the warehouse, full of children.

"Or what, Spider-Man?" one of the man asks.

"Or I will end all of you."

"Like you could. With this chains keeping you down."

"I could tear you apart with one hand if I wanted to..." Miguel starts to stand up only to hit by an iron bat right into his forehead.

"Jack, don't hurt him. We need him alive. Costs more." a man shouts from one of the trucks.

"Oh come on, Frank. Just havin' fun." Jack says back and chuckles out loudly.

"Yes, Frank. Let him have his fun. I mean who doesn't want to beat the shit out of him? Of the famous Spider-Man?" a voice echoes from all of the walls, like someone was speaing into a microphone.

All men look up at the ceiling trying to find the source of the voice. But Miguel realizes that he knows that voice, he had been thinking about that voice and about the identity of the woman behind it.

He had no luck finding that out.

"Who is there?" the Frank named man asks to which a few speakers turn on to say: 'It's Britney, bitch.', and a song starts to play from the speakers which fly around the men.

As soon as a man shot at one of the flying speaker, the speakers shot back at them, in a few moments someone lands on the floor and starts to fight with the men so Miguel takes this as an opportunity and gets out of the chains and takes part in the fight.

He gets near the woman who now interupted his job, for the second time now. "I was handling it, pretty well." he says as he kicks a man to the side of a truck.

"Yeah, I could see that." the woman answers as she throws a punch at another man. "You were basically begging for help."

Miguel doesn't respond, instead he kicks a man so hard he flies through the wall.

"No need to be this dramatic, gosh." she says and starts to hum to the song which is playing from the speakers.

*Dramatic? Me? Yeah sure.*

"I am not the one listening to ancient songs." Miguel says back.

"It helps me to focus. You should try it. You look a bit lost." she says and knocks out a man.

"Because I hate it when I am interupted when I am trying to do my job."

"After years of break? Good for you."

"I was busy." Miguel says and turns around just in time to see someone trying to shot from her back. "Duck." he yells to which the woman moves away from the range. Miguel throws a nearby desk at the man who is shoting at them from above.

Miguel goes back to his hiding place just when he hears gunshots behind him. He turns around and sees a man falling to his face. He looks at the woman and nods to him a thank you and she nods back.

______________________

Miguel opens the last truck and lets the kids walk out to the other kids, who are walking to the ambulance and police. The woman helps the persons down from the truck near him. As everyone get down from the truck in front of him, he walks over to her.

"So, Madam Music. This was an alright fight."He starts to say. "You did good, and I did good... we both did good..." she hums as an answer. "Look what I am trying to say is... is..."

"You're welcome." she says. "And please don't call me that.... simple Lilith is fine."

"Lilith?"

"Yeah. I mean you did help me. And thanks for that by the way."

"It's nothing, you helped me too. So we are equal."

"Like a team?"

"Exactly like a team."

"Nice... oh shit I have to go... I guess see you tomorrow nigth?"

"I guess. See you around."

"See ya." she says before flying away with her flying shoes along with her speakers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*What is the best thing to do after a night fighting bad guys? An empanada.*

And this is why Miguel enters the only supermarket which stays open 24-7. He is smiling to himself about the thing that happened today, the walk with Mary, the fight with Lilith, how she looks like under that mask and suit... then he bumps into someone.

"Ay cono, I am sorry..." He says and looks down.

"Oh it's nothing... Miguel, are you following me?" Mary's voice comes.

"Oh Mary I didn't see you there." he says his face a bit red from his thoughts.

"I guessed that. Are you alright?" she asks as she looks at Miguel's face, at the little cut he got earlier from the bat.

"Oh this, just doing my job, you know..."

"Of course, you always play the hero... just don't overdo yourself..."

"I won't." he lies. "Anyway, how come you are here this time of the day?"

Her face goes a bit red but answers. "Fancied a late night snack... you know I was always down for any type of pasta?"

"Of course, I remember. What a sight to see after a long nigtht of crimes... you cooking spaghetti at 2 A.M. only in my shirt..."

"Daydreaming now, are we?" she teases.

"Just renewing an old memory..."

"Anyway... I think they moved the empanadas to the back."

"Thanks. And you remember?"

"Of course. Old things go away hardly."

"They do... how about me and you..."

"I am free tomorrow night." she says with a smile. "And my number is here."  she hands over a piece of paper. "And don't disappear like last time."

"I won't, I promise." he says and puts the paper away. She sees a little hesitation in her eyes but she smiles and nods.

"I am counting on it." she says and picks up a box of instant pasta.

Miguel smiles to himself and goes to find the empanadas.

*So tomorrow it is.*