Rematch

The stage was set. A network of stone trails had been crafted, forming a large scale maze. A pole situated at every fourth pillar, where the victorious students will raise their flags. And a single strip of fabric velcroid to a chest harness, was what would make or break these teams of two.

Each team stood on opposite ends of their poles, their targets across from them blocking their path. The combat zone for each team a mere five meters.

Bakugou was crouched, one knee forwards the other bent behind him, his hands idling while he waited for the horn. The teen was eager but also a little concerned about how his quirk would perform after being neutralized last night. Monoma stood beside him, a bit further back knowing full well as soon as it started there'd be a blizzard as soon as he took off.

Aizawa raised his arm airhorn in hand, "alright kiddios I want this to be as clean as possible," and with a slight squeeze to the trigger the game commenced.

Bakugou launched forward propelling himself with his right hand, aiming for Todoroki. The takeoff was explosive, and Todoroki was in arms reach within a second. A millisecond before contact the blonde fired off an explosion from his left hand, twirling his torso midflight, altering his trajectory. The blonde slid behind his target firing a shot at his right achilleas tendon.

Todoroki had anticipated the attack but was thrown off by the abrupt change in direction. It took him a second to stabilize and this gave Bakugou a chance to reach for his left shoulder. Of course the teen had been through countless battle simulations at home, so he was quick to react, seizing the outstretched hand. And with a swift tug, he tossed the blonde up over his shoulders.

Bakugou smiled mid summersault, using the momentum to reach for the badge with his other arm. "I'll be taking this," he snicked but before he could snatch it a blaze of shots sliced at his arm.

The teen winced and shot off a small explosion to beak free and create some distance. The blast was potent, and he barely landed on his feet. The force allowed him to slide backwards, and he utilized his quirk to reorientated himself, so he was facing his opponent.

"Fuck," he hissed. The left arm was leaking, while his right one was freezing in real time. It stung, fuck it stung bad, although he popped the bone back in its socket earlier he was now feeling the full extent of a torn ligament. Fucking Dabi. The lingering ache had him distracted, and it was too late when he realized Todoroki had closed the gap between them.

The two haired tone teen was rocketing towards him, skating along the ice slide he had created, in pursuit. Bakugou tried to move back but was ambushed with a series of slashes to the heels. Rin who had been stationed at one of the mounds was shooting off rounds of projectiles. The two had him cornered and he knew a collision was imminent but before Todoroki could make contact an explosion went off.

-BOOM-

The sound rippled through the entire zone a terrifying quake following. The area fouled with dust and debris.

"Amateur," Monoma said rolling his eyes from Bakugou onto Rin. A fling of his wrist and he was tossing another borrowed grenade, this time aimed at Rin. Bakugou grinned flexing his muscle breaking the ice cast that was working its way up his arm.

Although Monoma thought his fighting style was ferocious and impulsive he realized his partner was calculative and capable. The first attack spectacular and would have succeeded if Rin had not interfered. It made him cringe realizing he should have better dealt with his classmate while Bakugou was off attacking his.

After the air cleared the battle was back on. Bakugou had taken the advantage Monoma gave him creating distance between him and his opponent. The blonde found an ideal position above the rock formations. At that vantage point he could at least use his beams, the teen was well aware it'd be hard to take Todoroki head on without some distance between them.