Nightmares

There was utter darkness and a pair of chilled hands around his neck. The vortex was a stagnant interdimensional plane, but Bakugou could sense that he was traveling. It took an instant and he was somewhere else, the campgrounds gone an abandon bar in its stead. After the confusion had past, he realized he had been captured. There was the sudden need for offense and he refocused his energy on breaking free from the villain at his throat. Seizing the arm that held him still, he dispersed a mist of nitroglycerin to detonate an explosion.

The force had Dabi stumbling back, clutching at his wrist. Gritting his teeth, Bakugou launched forward, knowing a counterattack would follow. The countenance on Dabi skewed, his brows furrowed, mouth turned upright. To him the gesture was an invitation to slaughter their prized pig. And with vengeance the man charged forward, his hands interlocking with the teen.

The two wrestled for dominance, but before Bakugou could activate his quirk twice had snuck up behind him. Click. It was the sound of a latch being locked into place, the man clamping an iron collar around his neck. Zitz. There was an electric jolt that shot through his muscles, momentarily debilitating him.

Dabi grimaced, "this wristlet," he began gesturing to the band around his wrist. "It matches that collar of yours?"

The man was working towards a show, but Bakugou wasn't one for spectacles. Tightening his fist he directed his secretion into his palms. Matched with that wicked smile, he activated his quirk. "Fuck off patches," he smirked discharging his power. A second of silence elapsed, but nothing happened. Those reds went wide, his face falling into an expression of despair.

The horrified expression had Dabi excited. "As I was explaining, this little gadget here allows me to borrow the quirk of the transmitting host."

That familiar scent of caramelized sweat wafted through the air and Bakugou froze over in horror. Dabi shifted his weight forward, looming over the child, digging his nails into his knuckles. The eruption seared at his flesh and Bakugou winced, the explosion propelling him into a wall.

The room was spinning and there was a ringing in his ears. After a shake of his head he looked down at his hands. The teen was desperate to activate his quirk, but nothing was happening. Repeatedly he flicked his wrist but there was no spark.

Toga leaned on the barstool, "he's really going at it," she giggled.

The next thought was to yank at the collar in an attempt to disconnect. Toga watched attentively, sadistically wondering if his head would come off with it. Tomura and Kurogiri were both a bit anxious not sure what to do.

Dabi ambled over to where the kid sat, slipping his fingers in between the collar. "I got it from here," he yanked forcing Bakugou to his feet. After waving adieu, Dabi led the detainee to the barred room in the back. Of course the man was purposely rough while handling the teen.

The plan was to rejoin the others after he tossed Bakugou into his new enclosure, but plans rarely ever workout as intended. As soon as his back was to the kid he was struck in the head. Before he experienced the ache, he felt along his skull locating the gash that was leaking red.

The sight of blood made him see red and he turned to face his assailant. "I was going to leave you as Tomura's problem but you had to go and test my patience's kid," he wrinkled the bridge of his nose and his teeth were grinding.

Bakugou clicked his tongue, "tt," and he was launching forward arm cocked back. Right before collision he propelled his fist forward, hoping to connect.

A quick shift of his weight and Dabi was evading. "So straight forward, not strategic at all. How do you plan on fairing against a villain with such obvious attacks?"