Aftermath

A silhouette manifested in the corner of the room. And though the lurker took cover under the casted shadow of the wardrobe, Bakugou could deduce his identity. Dabi had meant to intimidate him, those artic blues piercing through the dark. The deadlocked stare made his blood run cold, the fuzz along the nape of his neck now on end. That persistent lurching in the pit of his gut commenced and he felt sick all over again, nauseated with the thought of his imminent undoing. The blonde stood frozen in state of panic, unsure how to proceed with his classmate in front of him. The teen could have collapsed right there, but he fought to hold himself together.

Bakugou feared the moment the man would step into the light and reveal he was a traitor. What sort of expression would it generate from the nerd? Would it even surprise him? Would his time at Yuuei be over? Bakugou was terrified dreading the moment it would all fall apart. However that moment never came. The figure remained stationed in between the corner and the closet, allowing Bakugou the chance to shoo away the green mess on his bed.

After a moment of hesitation Bakugou regained his composure and broke the silence shifting his gaze back onto his classmate. With the bridge of his nose wrinkled and with a much harsher tone, Bakugou reiterated the words he had whispered just before he became aware of the presence. "Stupid nerd." Their relationship had just taken a turn, perhaps for the better, however Bakugou need to undo that. Needed to break their bond all over again. Knew that as long as the league of villains idled on the peripheral of his vision, the two could never mend what was broken.

Midoriya furrowed his brows "huh?" It was such a dramatic shift in atmosphere he wondered if he could have misheard?

Bakugou curled his upper lip "tt," he scoffed, "that is the stupidest shit I ever heard." Bakugou needed Midoriya to understand that there would never be mutual respect between them. That there would always and forever be bad blood, because it had to be that way. Bakugou had to maintain that distance in order to keep the other from becoming a pawn in this game of chest.

Midoriya leant forward hand stretched "Kah," he breathed reaching out to him, but the blonde was quick to swat it away.

The blonde looked to the floor, because he knew if he were to look into those greens he might have wavered. "Leave." The dismissiveness was for his sake and he tried to be as harsh as he could, so that there was no room for the other to oppose. But of course the other never understood when to leave well enough alone.

"But?" Midoriya began, wanting to contest but with no grounds to do so. What had happened? In which moment did the line of communication break again?

Bakugou clenched both hands into fists. "Get ouuut!" he roared and after a moment of pause he cleared his throat, so that his voice went soft again "get out before I change my mind and pummel you."

Midoriya was confused and surprisingly upset, overcome with a sense of dejection. Though he was so used too being mocked and overlooked by this person, for some reason he couldn't shake the feeling of rejection. As usual he could never figure out what went wrong? The teen so desperate to fix the distance between them but how could he when the other couldn't stand the sight of him?

With the raise of his voice Midoriya tried to incite a reaction but his words were shaky at best "fh-fine," he shot up exaggeratedly, puffing out his chest to project an unwavering disposition.

The teen had hoped that the bout of aggression would be interpreted as a challenge. To demonstrate how this time he wouldn't be deterred by the empty threats. Yes, it wasn't his usual response to Bakugou's tantrums but he wanted to provoke him, desperate to catch another moment of genuineness between them. Again he huffed before he stormed out making sure to sideswipe him as he passed. In some twisted sense he imagined the blonde would turn around and scold him opening the line of communication again, but it incited nothing.