1. Shira, Queen?

"My world turned from black and white into a spectrum of colors."

"Days were dragging. Until I met you. You've filled a void in my heart, no one knew was empty."

"Meeting you made me feel alive and loving you completed me. Please make me the luckiest man alive, and marry me."

┏━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┓

"Will you be my queen?"

My regards fidget towards my elders, who are beaming, keen to applaud the "marriage". This will undoubtedly break their heart. I revert my gaze towards the king, his expression sinking and his knees dawn to shake, my mouth lets out a faint breath enunciating the words.

"No."

My feet advance off the platform. The murmurs of the crowd rotate around, my legs executing away from Town Windsor, and into Encerz, the enchanted city. My legs rest on the gemstone, my sights on the captivating violet lake, as the sound of cahos enhances around me. What is wrong with me? The King. The bloody king asked for my hand in marriage. And I said noGod! My hands lightly pet the leprechauns, but they plunge, as my head turns to see an elder. Elders are our mystical companions, they assist us in making judgments.

"Hello, my child."

"Elder."

She bears a seat, as the leprechauns vault out my arms, extending into a streak. My elder softly seizes ahold of my hand. Must be about the king.

"Shira, darling. He is king—"

My eyes glimpse down, as my remarks fall into a nuanced groan. "I know."

"And— he wants to marry you."

Me? A peasant girl. I should be so honored.

"You will marry him. As your elder, I'm advising you. It's what's adequate for you."

What's best for me? What do you know regarding what's best for me? This is my life—my husband should be an individual admired by me. My mouth lets out a faint breath ere[before] opening. "I will do anything for you. But this I cannot do. He will not become my husband. I will never marry him."