PROLOGUE

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗ACT 1╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
ACT 1
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

KNOW ITS FOR THE BETTER

PROLOGUE

!!! CONTAINS MENTIONS
OF ALCOHOL AND ABUSE. !!!

The dimly lit room was suddenly illuminated by the appearance of a pair of brown cowboy boots emerging from the darkness. As the figure stepped forward, it became clear that it was Olivia, who had skipped school yet again.

Despite being burdened with the responsibility of taking care of her younger sister, Claire, Olivia remained determined and resolute. The sense of duty that compelled her to stay home was made all the more urgent by the sight of their father, who lay on the couch in a state of drunken stupor. Despite the chaos that surrounded her, Olivia remained focused and determined to do whatever she could to ensure that her family was taken care of.

Olivia poured a bowl of cereal for Claire. Her whole life, they'd been living on a farm. She had multiple jobs to do, she was so tired of it. The primary reason why is because of the fact her dad is nothing but an addict and can't put any effort into supporting his kids.

Before, Olivia used to get lots of help. She had siblings, an older brother, and two sisters. None of them shared the same mother, they only shared the same dad. They all came from the man with the
cruel eyes and a woman who only desired to be valued.

The siblings all split the chores up. Olivia's only job was to care for the chickens. That meant food, eggs, and just their overall health. All of that was until they slowly left one by one. It really scarred Olivia because she loved them a lot but she knew it was for the better.

The girl sat across from her sister and they quietly ate. "Ya okay?" Olivia asked. Her voice was noticeably different from her sister's. While Olivia had a thick southern accent, inherited from both her parents, Claire's accent was much more subtle and restrained.

As Claire savored a spoonful of cereal, she responded to her older sister Olivia, "Yeah. I could take care of myself you know, you could go to school."

Olivia smiled, "I'm okay with my books. Besides, I'd rather be spending the day here with you, Claire Bear."

With an adorable little toothy smile, Claire replied, "I like spending it with you too, Livy."

The sisters continued their conversation, reminiscing about Olivia's teacher, whom she missed sometimes. Olivia mentioned how patient and kind she was with her, and Claire chimed in, saying she liked her too, simply because her older sister did. Despite never having met her, Claire trusted Olivia's judgment and opinion of her teacher.

Claire gleamed, giggling a bit as well. She was a likable person. Never snobby, sweet, and cares for everyone and everything. Claire wouldn't even hurt a fly. If she saw a dead fly, she'd think about its fly family and go on about it all day.