Five

The rest of dinner was Iris and her friends gossiping, Alec trying to talk to Rider and him not saying one word, and Lucie and I speaking to each other in French so no one knew what we were talking about.

It was nice having my best friend around again. She made me feel almost normal again.

Jayden and Libby seemed to feel a bit awkward, but I would be too if I brought my fiance to a dinner with the girl who my parents promised I'd marry. That's a very awkward thing to even just ask someone. "Hey can you come to this dinner to prove I'm marrying someone else so my parents can't marry me off to someone else." Very awkward.

When the dinner was over, we all moved on into one of the living spaces to all sit more comfortably. The parents didn't join us though, they left to an office to try and fix things between the companies without trying to take the easy route and marry off their children together.

Lucie and I sat together on one of the sofas and I switched on the TV to try and find something to watch but the remote was slapped out of my hand before I could change the channel. "You are going to regret what you did yesterday," Iris' voice yelled into my ear.

I took a deep breath and stood up to face her, "I didn't do a thing, if you want to be mad at someone you should be mad at my mother. She bought the dress."

She rolled her eyes, "oh come on, are you really that stupid. You're mother is untouchable, therefore I'm going to make your life a living hell instead."

I raised my eyebrows at her, "good luck because you can make hell worse, but I'm sure the devil can try."

She looked at me in dissbelief, "you have no idea what hell is like."

I scoffed at her, she was unbelieveable, "oh I'm sure little miss princess over here knows what its like to be shipped off when you were three to your grandmothers so they could raise you. Then when your parents start to get successful and rich, your grandmothers take advantage of their wealth and start travelling the world. They ship you off to a country with a language you can't speak when you're nine!"

I let out a huge puff of air, "and then they tell you they want to marry you off to an asshole playboy with asshole friends and a slut sister that you could never get alone with because all of their heads are stuck so far up their asses, they don't even know what real manners are anymore."

I didn't want to look at her angry face anymore so I left the room. I knew Lucie had ran after me and I was fine with that. But right now all I wanted to do was lock myself in my room until I died because I just told my whole life story to one of my worst enemies. Yea sure, she's been my enemy far longer than she knows about. But I know who she is and I refuse to associate myself with her.

When I got to my room I let Lucie shut the door behind her and went straight to my closet. I practically tore off the dress and threw it to the ground. Why does Iris make me so angry?

I put on a pair of tight black skinny jeans and a black tank top then left my closet holding a pair of black converse in my hands. "Lucie get changed, we're going to a drive." She nodded and disappeared into my closet. By the time I had tied up my shoes, she emerged wearing a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a dark red long sleeved v-neck shirt. She was wearing her typical black TOMS and I'm pretty sure that she had those on underneath her dress earlier.

I grabbed my purse and went over to the door. I was surprised when I opened it and found Libby on the other side about to knock. Today I just have amazing timing apparently. She jumped with surprise and tried to calm her breathing. "Sorry, I was just going to ask you if you needed someone to talk to or advice or something. I've been told I'm really good at giving advice."

I looked at her for a second as she avoided eye contact with me purposely like she was afraid of me. "I like you Libby," I blurted out. "Want to go for a car ride with Lucie and me?"

She looked at me with pure surprise and awe like I wasn't really saying these things to her. "Um, sure?"

I smiled, "oh good. I want to get to know you."

I grabbed her wrist and dragged her with me through the house. I mean she could walk by herself but this was more fun in this moment in time. We passed Jayden, Rider and Alec who were near the door and Libby smiled and said, "we'll be back soon," just as I dragged her out the door.

I'm sure that Jayden would be very concerned and go to my parents to say that I kidnapped his fiance but that wasn't my problem.

We all piled into my car, with Libby in the back and Lucie in the passengers seat next to me. I started it without even putting on my seatbelt and pulled out of the driveway just as Jayden and Rider came running out of the house in a panick.

I laughed to myself as we sped down the driveway and out the open gate at the end.

"I think you've lost your mind," Lucie said quietly as soon as we got out onto the main road.

I quickly slipped on my seatbelt then smiled in the mirror at Libby in the back, "well that was quite fun. I'm pretty sure Jayden thinks I just kidnapped his fiance and he's probably going to try to call you soon."

As if on cue Libby's phone rang. She picked it out of her purse and then hit a button and put it back into her purse. I started to laugh again, "was it him?"

She smiled and nodded, "he's been super clingy these last few days, watching my every move. Its kind of annoying and I do need some space from him now and again. So I'm actually kind of glad that you two are kidnapping me."

"We're not actually kidnapping you," Lucie pointed out, "you agreed to come with us."

Libby laughed, "yea but they don't have to know that."

I smiled a little evilly, "Libby I'm starting to live you even more already."