CHAPTER 4

Back In Umtwalume...

The other wives were constantly walking on eggshells since Nomagugu made her daring escape. Gxabashe was throwing temper tantrums every other minute, much to MaXabas annoyance. All hell had broken loose.

"Who told you to take my porridge Tholakele?!"

"Baba-" she winced

"SHUT UP! Can't you see I am still eating?! You women are testing me! If it's not the youngest running away with my money to whore herself off , it's you raising my hypertension!"

MaXaba decided to pick her peace and silently exited the lounge. 

.

Meanwhile in Johannesburg...

GUGU's POV:

Today was my first official day working for the Habedi's, and I am quite nervous, especially about how Mr Habedi looked at me the other day. I could see he stared at me like a piece of meat. I snapped out of my thoughts,  patiently walking along the estate's opulent driveways, making my way to the Habedi residence. I greeted the security near the gate and walked in. 

I clicked on the buzzer from the outside. 

"Hello?" she greeted over the intercom.

"Madam, it's Gugu. I am here."

"Oh, good morning Gugu. I'll open for you now-now. Give me 5 seconds."

I could see her frame reflecting on the windows as she tip-toed down the stairs. As she approached the door, she had on huge sunglasses and a beige polo neck on. 

"Morning..." she greeted once again with a smile, gesturing for me to walk inside. 

I walked in, and followed her into the kitchen. 

"So...why are you here so early?" she questions as if caught off guard.

"First impressions are everything to me madam." I nodded., trying to look into her sunglasses.

 "Oh well, there is not much work to do around here today. Just the laundry and I think you can leave early."

"Are you sure madam?" 

"Yes. Gugu, relax. I told you do not have to be all formal or prim and proper with me. Call me Thandeka." she giggled. 

I nod. 

"Great. I think I'll leave you to it. I have brunch with the girls later!" she said, making her way towards the stairs.

Looking around the kitchen. I sighed to myself. There is a hell of a lot of work to be done.

.