Bonus chapter-New best friend

Eight years ago, when little Adaline was just about 10, she had heard noises coming from the other side of the Silkscradle doors. Cries from a squirrel and shouting from a unfamiliar voice, Ratau told Adaline to never open these doors, so she tried her best to listen to her fathers rule.

However, curiosity always triumphs over obedience, as one day, she decided to knock at the large purple door. It was nearly silent on the other side, Adaline almost thought she imagined the sounds, like maybe the hopes of meeting someone new made her imagine that there was a new potential friend right behind the door. Until..."Hello?" a voice calls from the other side, it sounds curious and joyous like a excited kid at a toy store. It startled Adaline after hearing the sudden voice in the eerie quiet, the surprise almost made her fall backwards onto the stone floor "Hellooooo?" the voice called again, followed by knock from the opposite side, Adaline hesitated to answer for a second before speaking up herself "Hi. What are you doing in there?" she spoke in a curious tone.

For a moment there was sounds of shuffling before the voice spoke up again "looking for food! Are you hungry too?" the voice asked, she can practically feel the voices excitement just by speaking with her. "No... My father is cooking food soon, I can bring you some!" Little Adaline offers, wanting to help the poor stranger "Really? What kind?" "Cauliflower chowder" Adaline can hear nothing after she named her fathers dish "Not... Meat?" the stranger asked "No? I can't eat meat" Ratau always said it's not safe for a lamb to eat meat, it makes them really sick, so he feeds her a abondance of different plant based meals. "Can't eat veggies" the voice said in sadness and disappointment "Oh, do you eat fish? Father fishes a lot" She figured her father wouldn't mind, he has a lot of fish to make a meal for a guest, there was a pause..."Yes yes! Can eat fish!" the voice said happily and full of hope "Can I come eat?" the stranger continued.

Adaline smiles "Yes! Father likes company!" she shouted excitedly, she is finally going to meet a new friend. A moment passes before the Silkscradle door opens slowly, as whoever was opening it was struggling, small black spiders scuttled out from the now opened door in the process "Hello friend!" the stranger greets Adaline, the stranger was a little male spider no more then 3 or so inches taller then her, his fuzzy purple fur is unkept and sticks out in a few places, three eyes look at Adaline with a innocent smile, he seems to be the age of 10 just like Adaline "Hi! My name is Adaline! What's yours?" she asked her new friend "I'm Helob!" he smiles at her friendly demeanor.

Adaline begins to lead Helob back to her home, they both talked about random things, mostly of what it's like on each side of the Silkscradle door. As Adaline and Helob never visited the other side, Helob described Silkscradle as a dark place full of many other spiders like him, that it was nearly impossible to see the sunlight in Shamura's land, and that it was covered in webs from top to bottom. While Adaline describes her home to be more bright, cozy, more friendlier folk, and a lot more sights to see. It made Helob excited to be outside of Silkscradle and see the light of a sunset, it is a lot brighter then his home like Adaline told, maybe he can exit Silkscradle a little more often. After several minutes of walking not to far from the five doors, they come across the cozy shack, smoke followed by the smell of food coming out of the chimney. Adaline approaches the door and opens it without knocking, which is fine, as Ratau would know it was Adaline by the sound of her hooves on the floor.

"I'm back father!" the little lamb announced her arrival "Welcome back, did you have fun?" Ratau asked, his back was facing the door, focused on cooking so he won't burn his daughters meal "Yeah! I had lots of fun! And i brought a friend!" Adaline then leads Helob inside as she spoke, he looks around the shack in curiosity, as if he has never been in a standard home before. "A friend?" Ratau sets a bowl of freshly made cauliflower chowder aside and looks at the direction of where the 2 kids stood, it took moments for Ratau to process the information... Adaline has a friend, for years she only avoided others or had imaginary friends for the longest time...Ratau feels proud, that little Adaline finally got out of her shell and made a genuine friend. "This is Helob! He said he likes fish! Can he stay to eat with us father?" Adaline looks at her father with bright and happy eyes, Ratau could never say no to her especially for something so big as her being more social than before "Of course, I have plenty of fish to make a bowl for Helob, why don't you both go play while i finish up?" Ratau suggested, as he will have to create another fish meal for the young spider. "Ok father!" Adaline smiles before she leads Helob away to play outside the shacks door, the both of them talking and even play with random sticks outside from what Ratau could hear.

Ratau can see that Adaline, has found her best friend for life...