Chapter 3-Building a cult

It took some time, but eventually the two has found a perfect location to start the cult, a opened area with several boulders, stray trees here and there, and several berry bushes, perfect for reusing to make buildings and cook food. However what really made the land stand out, was that it was a large closed off field of blue bell flowers. The blue bell flower is a very rare kind of plant to find in the lands of the old faith, so to find a entire field of them was lucky and yet strange...could it be a blessing that Adaline somehow was the only person in the lands to find and claim a area so beautiful? Adaline could only imagine a safe and peaceful place where no one could be hurt or threatened by the bishops wrath, its a nice thought. "Is this the place you want....?" Ratau asks, pulling Adaline from her thoughts, with a nod she responds with a "yes" and they begin with building the cult.

 Adaline would need to venture to darkwood again to find followers that are in need and find more resources for a shrine and a temple and many other necessities for a cult to have, but for now. She believes that a couple of sleeping bags and somewhere to cook meals for the future flock would be a good start.

First they began with a cooking station, gathering stone, wood, and a pot. A small standard cooking area was built, Ratau gave Adaline all his recipes of meals he made for her as a child and much newer ones made with resources of the bishops areas and lastly a small chest to fill with ingredients.

Then it was sleeping bags, there was not many resources to make full tents just yet, but there was enough to make sleeping bags. Adaline thought it would be nice then to just sleep in the dirt, they will have pillows and blankets with a nice view at the stars that peek past the tree leaves and the smell of the bluebells would be delightful. This will only be a temporary solution for the hot summer, she will have plenty of time to gather enough resources and place more permanent sleeping areas before winter arrives. She would be devastated if she let her flock freeze to death.

"This may be all we can do for now little lamb..." Ratau spoke after seeing his daughter be lost in thought for some time, he worries for her after what has happened to her hours ago. Adaline nods "i guess i have to go back to darkwood...find followers and get more materials" she speaks in slight hesitation, truthfully she is scared, no, down right terrified. Others that are following Leshy in darkwood will fight her to sacrifice her again in leshy's 'good' name, she will have to fight again...will they be so relentless to the point of forcing Adaline to kill again? she really hope not...

"I know it will be hard Adaline...but know that i am here for you and i will support you through this...i don't think I'm able to do heavy lifting like i did before, but i will try my best to help you as much as i can" Ratau speaks in a supportive manner, a truth as pure as a gospel. Adaline smiles "i dont want you to do the fighting for me father...but i appreciate the help...thank you" she hugs him in response, her father is to old to fight and travel like he did when she was a child, she would never ask him to do the work she was responsible for. All she ever wanted was his support and she is so relieved to hear him say that... "I'll go to darkwood now, ill see you soon father" Adaline says before letting go, Ratau pats her shoulder "i will be here when you get back and help you with the shrine...please be careful"

Adaline nods "i will be careful father" she promised, before she leaves, walking up the path where they came from, a area that leads to the bishop's domains appears before her. five separate doors that lead to the darkest parts of the old faith, one of them chained up with no means of entering.

She remembers many times of her father saying to never go through these doors, even resorting to locking them himself when Adaline was in her rebellious phase...but now they are places she must go to save followers that will suffer from many kinds of horrors in the depths, this is something she needs to do. Not for herself, not for the one who waits, but for ones who are in trouble like she was once in...and she is the one who will be there to save them.

 Taking a deep breath through her nose and exhaling, she stares down the only opened door. A stone round like archway covered in moss and surrounded by grass, with a crown that bares a single green eye plastered on a sign above the archway.

She prepares herself for what she will face on the other side...and walks through the door to enter darkwood.