28*

A/N: I might've been a little self-indulgent (but please spare me because it's my late bday celeb for October 27). 🤣

💌 Thank you so much for 9.5k+ reads! I hope you're enjoying my story and that I'm always able to provide pretty chapters for you all.

⚠️ Content Warning: sexting
(like, for 95% of the chapter /hj)

* * * * *

[After one week]

Yibo holds a sandwich in his mouth while keeping his attention on his computer screen, immersing himself in the articles Sungjoo had sent him about irregular rut cycles.

This one delves into possible causes of the rare case in alphas, offering hormonal imbalances and genetic factors.

Another research paper discusses potential treatments and management techniques for individuals with irregular rut cycles, shedding light on the therapeutic options available to help those like Xiao Zhan regain control over their instincts.

Yibo gently massages his sore arm muscles, the aftermath of today's strenuous dance training.

His determination to uncover Xiao Zhan's condition intensifies as he clicks on yet another article, looking to find any similarities and information overlaps that could bring him to what he could do to support Xiao Zhan.

When Yibo's phone alerts him with a notification, Yibo takes a huge bite on his sandwich and returns it to its container. He swiftly removes his headphones and checks what it is:

📝 Assignment due in 1 hour

"Oh, shit."

Yibo's eyes widen, hurrying to minimize the Internet tab he was on and returning to the reflection essay he had been doing earlier.

This is an assignment for one of his new courses, which is a lecture-based class titled 'Healthy Relationship Habits'.

Mating-related subjects like these are often open for both alphas and omegas, so it is held for them together in either the omega buildings or the alpha buildings.

Since it's Yibo's first time to enroll in these kind of classes, Sungjoo decided to take the same classes Yibo will be taking that he hasn't finished yet to accompany Yibo.

For the assignment, the main point that omega students of this class have to tackle in their essay is the importance of harmony in a relationship, while the alphas have to talk about the responsible exercise of control to navigate conflict in relationships.

Yibo would be thinking how complex the focus is for alphas compared to omegas if he isn't already worrying about his own essay.

The only thing left for Yibo to add to his essay is the conclusion, which, according to the rubrics, has to be thoughtful and concise.

The problem is that Yibo thinks there's no need for extravagance.

For the whole time he's been writing the essay, he had wondered if the assignment calls for a 'poetic' reason why harmony is important in a relationship, when it is already, in reality, essential for mating bonds to last.

When an alpha and omega are compatible and truly love each other, wouldn't harmony be instinctively be a mutual goal, because they would both want to strengthen their bond or relationship?

Also, if Yibo wants something to go well, and someone asks him 'why', he won't give them a long list of specific reasons or a profound revelation.

He will tell them straight up: he just wants it to work out, because it means something to him (or it might mean the world), and achieving it would make him happy and satisfied.