this tree it will die without leaves

it felt like a gloomy day in thieves den. the clouds seemed to hang and dim, occasionally letting out their own tears. soft metal clinking echoed through the abandoned land. 

katana had retired long ago and eventually drifted away from old age. his death was acknowledged by few, but all who did truly appreciated him. it was hard to let go. slingshot left thieves den to pursue his cafe further, it became his primary concern and wanted to expand in the crossroads, so the two siblings were alone for a while. 

eventually, no matter what they did, the curse had taken over vine staffs body, leaving nothing but a large sakura tree behind. an almost slight impression of where her body laid last. where she last resided, an island surrounded by a pond of lotus flowers and lilypads, the petals falling silently into the water. her last days spent in joy and peace, as she succumbed to the curse. 

quiet steps pressed against the grass as shuriken approached her pond, a bundle of assorted flowers in his arms. he sat cross-legged at the edge, pulling off his hood and told her everything thats been happening, tears pricking his eyes, as hard as he tried to wipe them away. 

he told her how slingshot was a big shot now, how ghosdeeri had taken him in and how much he loved the library. he had grown closer to phighters like boombox and skateboard, how he appreciated everything everyone had done. most of all, how much he missed her. what he wished he could see her reaction to, one more time, to see her smile and laugh. he clutched the flowers tighter as he sobbed. it never got easier, visiting her grave.

he slipped the flowers into the water, watching them float along the surface with the lotuses. he pulled his hood back up, and the metal chiming grew farther away, and silence took over the pond again. sometimes, he swore he saw sap drip from her eyes when he cried.