xi. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭

[ 1945 ]

⋘  » ☆ « ⋙

⋘ » ☆ « ⋙

Steve took the lead in his own plan, as it would be expected. The rest of the squadron and armed forces of the division waited for the perfect time to strike, hidden between the mountains of the Alpes were the last Hydra base was in. Everyone had the same thought in mind; if this went well, Hydra would be erased off the map forever.

While Jones, Falsworth and Dugan were told to strike from the front, (Y/N), Dernier and Morita planned entering the base from the side. She gripped tightly onto her own weapon as she propped it in the air to be prepared against approaching Hydra soldiers that surely were coming their way. An explosion rigged by Morita blew up the blocking door in front of them, allowing the trio and the squadron of soldiers behind them to enter the base without difficulty.

"We're in! Assault team, go!" Morita yelled through his communication device.

Once Colonel Phillips and his team were informed, her squad advanced with weapons in the air. They fired at the upcoming Hydra soldiers with their respective advanced weapons, doing their best to shoot them before they had the chance to fire. (Y/N) tried hard to maintain her anger in control as she fired at each upcoming soldier, the resentment of them taking the life of her friend still being a fresh wound.

She and her respective squadron kept marching through base, wiping all soldiers in their radius. She was only able to catch a short glimpse of Steve as he rushed through the ends of the never-ending hallways. More gunshots and blasts were heard in the distance, the blue mist dispersing in the air as an indication that someone had been hit by Hydra's weapons. She pretended it didn't affect her and cause a rising fear of becoming their weapon's victim, but she kept running forward with her gun in the air.

Her team separated into smaller groups as they walked out of the main base and entered some sort of hangar, where several modes of transportation were displayed all over. It was hard concentrating on her surroundings when everyone around her was either shooting at each other or rigging explosives. (Y/N) saw Morita fighting off two remaining soldiers from his side, but didn't notice the fleet marching up from his opposite side. She shot at the closest ones in her range of fire as she ran in that direction, but the gunshots alerted Morita in time to pull another grenade and throw it at the ones that were left.

(Y/N) stopped in her steps when she saw the grenade at the soldier's feet, turning around to avoid getting struck by debris or flying pieces of metal, but she had no way of covering her ears. The loud sound of the explosion made her jump, and she turned back around to see Morita already bolting in the other direction without as much looking fazed at the grenade.

She was about to turn back and run toward the closest place she could help, but then she heard the loud squeak of wheels against the ground. Her eyes squinted in confusion when she recognized Colonel Phillips on the wheel of an unfamiliar vehicle with the Hydra symbol in the front, and Peggy sat in the backseat of it.