Chapter 4

The low rumble of the car starting woke me from my deep sleep, my eyes slowly opened.
"Righttt, so snacks, drinks and extra money.. that's all right Zane?" The sound of a can opening and the fizzles sent a warm shiver down my spine,
"Ahhh.. erm, snack,drink and money.. yeah thats all we need." He shifted gear and pulled out of the gas station. I yawned and wiped the sleep from my eyes.
"Mmph.." I shuffled up right, Zane looked in the rear view mirror and smiled with his eyes, I smiled back. Lily looked over her shoulder,
"Hey gurlllll, how was ya nap?" I nodded and stretched throwing my hands behind me and pushing my shoulders away from one another my neck slowly twisted to the right as i yawned again scrunching my face.

I relaxed and opened and closed my mouth a few times,
"Wanna a drink and snack?" Lily pouted in suspense like she was waiting for something exciting,
"Just a drink please." I smiled kindly,
"What drink can I offer you?" She raised an eyebrow,
"Surprise me lils" I opened my window a crack.
She gave me a can of milk boba tea,
"Thank you!" I smiled goofily and took the drink she giggled as if she had won a bet or something.
I opened the can and no fizz came out, thankfully.
I took a sip. I looked out the window realising we're far from home,
"Where are we going.?" I looked at Zane through the rear view mirror, a few seconds after he looked back at me.
"Going to a motel, won't go school tomorrow since we will be back late but that means no days off for two weeks unless you're dying or something!"
He was stern and sounded like a dad,
"Ooo!! Yay I haven't really been to a motel, and motherfucker it's secondary I'll do what I want-" I huffed and pouted but couldn't help to smile when he chuckled.

We turned left and went down a road leading through a dense forest, everything went quite like all the sound was being absorbed, probably all the trees. The car slowed down,
"What the fuck.." Zane was calm but clearly shocked,
I looked past his seat and seen a paper white guy wearing a stained bloody white hoodie, Jeffery..
He looked into the car revealing his twisted smile, Lily gagged a little, Jeffery looked dead at me then ran off into the misty dense forest.
Why is he here..?
Is he following me.?
I shook my head, no way..
Just a coincidence, it has to be.
I looked out of my window and see a tall mansion like something out of the supernatural times, vampires, devils, angels and powerful beings roamed the earth and some have passed down their power to the humans of the current day. Usually if you're lucky, they work in the forces to protect the world or..If you're unlucky, you'll come face to face with a hellbent being who wants to watch the world crumble beneath them..

If you're me.. you'll have abnormal healing and blackouts then wake up in front of a church.. and come face to face with a featureless being.

The house was rustic and looked as if no one had even stepped foot near it let alone lived in it.
None of the lights were on but before I could get a better look we drove off. As the trees thinned out the lowering sun peered through the abundance of leafs, landing softly on all of our faces. Lily looked back at me with a 'the hell was that' look, the sun illuminated her eyes making every small detail look like a sci fi movie.
"Let's brighten the mood with some songs!" Zane placed his phone on his lap, unlocked it, it was already opened onto his music app and pressed shuffled. The song started and immediately my brain clicked with it, the radio screen was cracked so I couldn't read the words.

"Mm.. what's this song?" I gazed at zane's eyes through the rear view mirror and he was looking at me,
"Erm.. Lily check it for me." She huffed and took his phone off his lap and pressed the screen. It lit up and revealed his Lock Screen which was a load of cats with the song name.
"It's.. uh talking in your sleep, byyyy... the romantics!" I took my phone out of my pocket, turned it on to see my Lock Screen of pumpkins and unlocked it with Face ID. I was already on my music app so I typed in the name and downloaded it, I put my phone in my pocket again then leant my head against the car window. I zoned out while gazing out of my window the song fuelling the scenarios in my head.