Chapter 5: The Date

A/N: hello everybody, welcome to this chapter enjoy. Make sure to follow to keep up with updates. This is weekly.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard the sound of my alarm ringing. The alarm said 8:30. 'It's go time' I thought to myself Finally, it was the weekend, time to relax and hang out with friends. I took a T-shirt from my closet. I looked into the mirror and unruffled my bed hair. I took a quick shower and put on my T-shirt and some jeans.

My dog, James was excited and playful this morning. Dad was sipping a cup of coffee as usual. Scrolling on his phone while watching the TV. I loaded some bread into the toaster.

"Hey, Dad,"

"Hey, Bud. How are your first days of training?"

I explained to him what had happened the past few days.

"That's good"

The toast popped. I ate it. I started to head out the door with James in tow.

"Don't forget to walk the dog."

"I know,"

Me and James proceeded to go on a run.

Several Hours later...

It was the afternoon. The movie started in an hour. I told everyone to meet fifteen minutes before in the downtown square. I liked to be early when it came to these events. There wasn't anyone there so I just began to scroll on my phone.

"Hey, idiot what you doing here this early?"

It was Jalter. She wore a black beanie. It was paired with a black fuzzy coat and a white shirt. She wore black booty jean shorts and stockings.

"I-i-i" I was lost for words.

"You gonna say something?" she said with a smug grin.

I pulled myself together. I gave a smug grin back. "I could say the same for you, what's the rush?"

She began to twirl her hair. She blushed at the mention of this. She seemed embarrassed.

"I wanted to check some shops," she said quietly.

"What? I couldn't hear you,"

She then jabbed me in the stomach. "I wanted to check some shops okay, idiot."

I took a second to recover. I forgot how strong she was. Damn, Mana recovery skill. 'Wait...what did I just mention?'

"Can I tag along?"

"No, I don't need anyone's help," she said while blushing. Y/N doubts that information.

"Then I'll just text Frankie,"

"No!"

"Ugh, fine, I guess you can come with me,"

We went to a comic book store. The owner greeted her. She was embarrassed. Jalter was eyeing the manga section. She still had a blush on her face. I honestly didn't expect her to be into this type of thing. From the way she acts at school, I expect her to be into more metal things, which I assume she is into. I finally found someone who shared a common interest, besides Frankie. I mean he's my bro, but this was different.

"I looking for a new one to read, I just finished Saint Slayer."

"That was a good one, the ending took me by surprise. If you're looking for something of similar length, I recommend Danzouto."

"I heard good things about it but I heard its sequel is trash."

She then took a second to process what I said. Her face was neutral while this was happening. Then, her face was overjoyed and surprised.