I

Night had dawned, the moon stood full and high as Gotham City awakened.
It was all silent on the streets, however the city never was to be judged by its appearance before. Chaos soon crawled from the depths of its worst evil.
Not one but two calls from Gordon reached the Batcave that night.

Batman just returned from arresting two minor criminals as he raced down Gotham's countryside.
"What do we have, Alfred?", he spoke to the Butler as the call came in.
"Gordon just called with the news, Arkham Asylum reported two patients have escaped their cells this morning"
"This morning? Why are they calling now?"
"Apparently Scarecrow's newest invention has knocked out everyone present."
"A new invention?"
"Yes, it's a highly concentrated gas. However, I've already sent Batgirl his direction"
"So who's the other one?"
"It's the Joker, Sir"
Bruce clenched his fists around the wheel as he felt his stomach tighten.

"The Joker you say?", he asked a little taken aback. The clown was his greatest nemesis and only hard to catch but what's most dangerous about him was that Bruce somehow couldn't help but feel some sort of sympathy for him. Something inside him told Bruce there was more to the Joker than he may show which made him appear both interesting such as menacing. Every time he got the chance to finish him, he couldn't.

"I'm afraid so, Sir. I know he's your most dangerous enemy which is why I have sent you and not Miss Gordon to go after him. I have sent you his estimated position at this very moment."
The Batman let out a deep sigh before he opened the navigation system and realised with surprise how close he actually already was.
Yet, the closer he came, the more tense he felt to see the clown again, it may have been half a year since they last saw each other but not a week passed where Bruce's mind wouldn't circle around the green haired clown.
'Must be post traumatic stress', he thought to himself.

"Alright Alfred, I'm almost there".
He grabbed his drone from the trunk and let it check out the outside of the building. It was a worn out factory that's probably seen better days than tonight.
"I checked the security cams, Master Bruce. The first two floors appear to be empty, no signs of the Joker or his traps".
"Thanks Alfred, I couldn't spot anything suspicious over the drone either"
"Then you must be even more careful, Sir"
"No worries, Alfred. I got this".
The Vigilante parked his car by a nearby hidden location and quickly climbed up the facade until he'd get inside the building.
It was a great hall with a row of inactivated, rusty machines hanging from the ceiling or tanks standing within the centre, most of them empty.

He opened a half closed locker by the other end of the room and activated the microphone by his ear.
"All clear in here, Alfred", he gave through as suddenly a bunch of dentures jumped at him from inside the locker.
Batman stumbled back and quickly snapped them all away with a Batarang, however he suddenly felt that his feet couldn't move anymore. It was like he's been glued to the floor and as he looked down, he noticed he actually was.
"Ha Ha Haaa..", a familiar voice suddenly echoed through the factory, followed by a clapping sound.
Suddenly, a door swung open and a slender shadow approached the Batman.
A moment later, the shadow had a face and body, the Joker now stood not too far from the still immovable Vigilante, grinning like a Cheshire Cat and clapping like he'd made the touchdown of the century.
"Oho, looks like I've made quite the catch", he giggled hysterically and more or less elegantly swung himself up one of the old toxin vats where he balanced on the thin edge.
"You know", he began and pointed inside where a deep blue acid bubbled menacingly.
"One wrong step and I'll fall inside of that.. Hehe would be funny to see what happens then, hm? I might push a few of the hostages inside here later.. just for fun, you know?".
He studied the strange brew calmly, though his expression seemed to darken while Batman tried getting out of the glue to his feet, using explosive gel. However before he could activate it, Joker seemed to have heard him. He shook his head like he'd just been shaken awake from a rather unpleasant dream and turned to the Vigilante.
"Oh, sorry Bats! Totally forgot about you over there!", he chuckled and jumped down the edge before he landed in front of the bat.
"I mean look at you! How long has it been, 7 months? And you still haven't changed one bit!"
"Stop this nonsense, Joker!", Batman growled annoyed and triggered the gel underneath his boots. Finally, he felt himself able to move again and stepped out of the remaining spots of glue on the ground.