Chapter 16: Unwelcome Reunion

The news of Harrison's growing closeness to Luna had already ignited a media frenzy. Their frequent meetings and collaborations were under constant scrutiny. However, the media circus was about to reach unprecedented heights with the unexpected return of Diamond Morrison into Harrison's life.

Harrison had been informed by his team about a promising business opportunity in the tech industry. Seeing the potential for significant expansion, Harrison eagerly scheduled a meeting with the prospective partners, unaware that Diamond herself was among them.

As he stepped into the opulent hotel where the meeting was set to take place, Harrison couldn't have foreseen the storm that was about to descend upon him. Walking through the lavish lobby, his eyes fell upon her—Diamond Morrison, standing confidently in a stylish business suit. She exuded a striking beauty and a commanding presence that drew attention.

"Harrison Thatcher," she greeted him with a sly smile. "I didn't expect to see you here."

Harrison was momentarily stunned, his past and present colliding in a way he hadn't anticipated.

"Diamond... It's been a while," he replied awkwardly.

"Indeed, it has," Diamond acknowledged, glancing around. "Shall we proceed with the meeting?"

Despite his surprise, Harrison composed himself. The business opportunity was too promising to let personal history interfere.

"Of course," he responded professionally. "Please, let's head to the conference room."

The meeting unfolded smoothly on the surface, with both parties discussing the potential collaboration. However, the media had caught wind of the situation. Paparazzi descended upon the hotel, snapping photos of Harrison and Diamond entering together. It wasn't long before headlines began to circulate, and rumors spread like wildfire.

"Harrison Thatcher and Diamond Morrison: Rekindling an Old Flame?"

Luna couldn't ignore the media frenzy. She saw the headlines and the photos of Harrison and Diamond entering the hotel, and it stirred up old insecurities and doubts. She couldn't help but wonder if Harrison was still harboring feelings for his ex.

As she waited for Harrison's explanation, her heart felt heavy with uncertainty. She had been hurt before, and the wounds of the past still haunted her. Now, she needed reassurance more than ever that Harrison's intentions were genuine.

Meanwhile, Diamond, who had hoped to reignite the spark between her and Harrison, was determined to use the media's attention to her advantage. She didn't shy away from the cameras, allowing herself to be photographed alongside Harrison, further fueling the gossip.

In the midst of the media frenzy, Harrison faced a challenging task—to balance his professional ambitions, his complicated past with Diamond, and his budding relationship with Luna. It was a tightrope walk, and he couldn't afford to lose his balance.

Diamond Morrison was resolute in her determination to assert herself once more in Harrison's life. Her unexpected encounter with Harrison at the business meeting had reignited old flames of desire, but she was acutely aware of her competition in the form of Luna. If she wanted to win Harrison back, she needed to eliminate her rival.

One sunny afternoon, Diamond decided to pay a visit to Luna's office. She had done her homework and knew precisely how to push Luna's buttons. With confidence, she strolled into the lobby of Luna's high-rise office building, announcing herself to the receptionist.

"I'd like to see Ms. Luna Alvaro, please. I have some important matters to discuss," she said, wearing a sweet smile.

The receptionist, after checking the appointment book, replied, "I'm sorry, but I don't see an appointment scheduled. Do you have a name?"