CHAPTER 9:ECHOES OF THE PAST

THIRD PERSON POV:

One evening, Luna received a letter from her ex-husband, Austin. It was a heartfelt apology, a confession of his regrets and the pain he had caused her. Luna read it with a mix of emotions, her past love for him clashing with her burgeoning feelings for Harrison.

Harrison sensed her inner turmoil and offered his unwavering support. They sat together on her balcony, the Eiffel Tower aglow in the background.

"Luna, I know that letter has stirred up old emotions. But remember, you've changed, and so have I. We can't change our past, but we can shape our future," Harrison advised, his voice gentle and reassuring.

Luna looked at Harrison, her eyes glistening with tears. She knew he was right, but letting go of the past was an immense challenge.

"I want to move forward with you, Harrison, but sometimes, the past feels like an anchor I can't escape," Luna confessed, her voice filled with uncertainty.

Harrison took her hand, his resolve unwavering.

"Then we'll face those anchors together, Luna. We'll help each other heal, step by step."

Their love, born from the ashes of past pain, was a fragile bloom, but it was resilient. In the city of love, Luna and Harrison were discovering that love itself was the greatest masterpiece, and they were determined to paint their future together, one stroke at a time.

Paris had been an enchanting backdrop for Luna and Harrison's budding romance, but their journey was about to take an unexpected turn. Harrison had to travel to China to oversee a business venture, and Luna, intrigued by the prospect of exploring new horizons with him, decided to accompany him.

As they arrived in bustling Shanghai, Luna couldn't help but marvel at the city's vibrant energy. They checked into a luxurious hotel, and it was during the initial meeting with Mr. Morrison, the influential Chinese-American businessman, that things took an unexpected twist.

Ms. Morrison, an imposing figure, greeted them. Luna noticed a hint of tension in Harrison's demeanor, which puzzled her.

Harrison's expression froze, and Luna observed the subtle tension in the room. He had expected Mr. Morrison himself, not Diamond Morrison, his ex-lover from years ago.

"Diamond... it's been a while," Harrison replied, his tone stilted.

Diamond, a poised and elegantly dressed woman, smiled politely, her gaze shifting from Harrison to Luna.

"Yes, it has, Harrison. And this must be your companion?" Diamond inquired, her eyes holding a glint of recognition.

Luna felt a mix of curiosity and unease as she extended her hand with a friendly smile. "I'm Luna, Harrison's business partner."

Diamond Morrison had always been a woman who knew what she wanted, and right now, what she wanted was a second chance with Harrison. She had pleaded with her father, Mr. Morrison, to let her be the one to meet Harrison, hoping that their reunion might rekindle the spark they once shared.

Flashback

"Daddy," Diamond had pleaded with her father, Mr. Morrison, a shrewd and wealthy businessman, "please let me handle this meeting with Harrison. I want to make things right between us."

Mr. Morrison had sighed, seeing the pain in his daughter's eyes. "Diamond, you know the history between you two. Harrison is in love with someone else now, and you should move on too."

But Diamond's determination had been unwavering. "I know, Daddy, but I believe we can rekindle what we had. Just one more chance, please."

Reluctantly, her father had agreed, allowing her to be the representative in this crucial business meeting. Diamond had hoped that by seeing her again, Harrison would realize that they were meant to be together.