CHAPTER 22:KNOWING THE TRUTH

Harrison had been trying to move on with his life after Luna's abrupt departure, but her absence had left a void that he couldn't fill. The business empire he had built seemed hollow without her by his side. He had often wondered what had become of her and if she was happy.

One day, as Harrison was reviewing some business documents in his office, he received an unexpected visitor. Luna stood in the doorway, her face etched with worry and exhaustion. She looked as if the weight of the world rested on her shoulders.

Harrison was taken aback, his surprise evident in his eyes. He hadn't seen or heard from Luna in months, and her sudden appearance both thrilled and perplexed him. "Luna," he said softly, rising from his desk. "It's been a long time."

Luna nodded, her eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and determination. "Harrison, I need your help," she began, her voice quivering slightly. "It's about our children."

Harrison's heart skipped a beat as Luna's words sank in. Their children? He had never known about any children. Confusion clouded his features, and he motioned for her to sit.

She took a seat, her hands trembling. Luna then began to tell Harrison about the twins, Harper and Hazel, and their dire situation. She explained how Hazel's life was hanging by a thread, and the only hope for her survival was a compatible bone marrow donor.

Harrison listened in shock as Luna shared the painful details of their children's plight. He had no idea he had fathered twins, and the guilt of not being there for them from the beginning weighed heavily on his conscience.

Luna looked at him, her eyes filled with desperation. "Harrison, I wouldn't be here if there were any other option. We've searched everywhere, and there's no match within our family or friends. I need to know if you or anyone in your family might be a compatible donor for Hazel. She's running out of time."

Harrison was torn. The revelation of having children he knew nothing about was overwhelming, and the responsibility weighed heavily on him. But as he looked into Luna's eyes, he saw a mother's unwavering love for her child, and he knew he couldn't turn his back on their family's desperate plea for help.

With a deep breath, Harrison nodded solemnly. "I'll do whatever it takes to help," he said. "I'll contact my family and get tested immediately. If there's a chance I can save Hazel's life, I won't hesitate."

Luna's eyes welled up with tears, and she reached out to grasp his hand. In that moment, their shared commitment to saving their daughter's life rekindled a connection that had long been lost.

Harrison followed Luna to the hospital, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried to prepare himself for what he was about to see. He couldn't help but feel a surge of guilt for not being there for Hazel earlier in her life, for missing out on the moments that had brought her to this fragile state.

As he entered the hospital room, the sight before him was both heartbreaking and awe-inspiring. Hazel lay in a sterile white hospital bed, surrounded by a myriad of medical machines and equipment, each one monitoring and supporting her fragile existence. Tubes and wires were connected to her tiny body, and the rhythmic beeping of the machines provided a haunting soundtrack to the room.

Luna sat by Hazel's bedside, her eyes fixed on her daughter with a mixture of love, worry, and exhaustion. The twins, Harper and Hazel, were identical in every way except for the fact that Hazel was the one now fighting for her life.

Harrison approached the bed slowly, his eyes filling with tears as he saw the sheer strength and resilience in Hazel's small frame. He reached out and gently placed his hand on her tiny one, feeling the warmth despite the medical gloves she wore.

Luna looked up at him, her eyes red from crying. "Harrison, this is Hazel," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. "Our daughter."

Harrison nodded, his throat tight with emotion. "I'm here, Hazel," he said softly. "I'm here to help you, no matter what it takes."

He couldn't tear his eyes away from Hazel, whose eyes fluttered open for a moment, revealing a glimmer of recognition. It was as if she knew that her father had finally come to be with her.

Over the next few days, Harrison underwent the necessary tests to determine if he was a compatible bone marrow donor for Hazel. The tension in the hospital room was palpable as they waited for the results. Luna never left Hazel's side, and Harrison stayed close, offering his support in any way he could.

Finally, the call came, and the doctor delivered the news that Harrison was a match. There was a mixture of relief and hope in the room, but the road ahead was still long and uncertain.

As preparations for the transplant began, Harrison and Luna found themselves drawn together by a shared purpose — to save their daughter's life. Despite the pain and hardships of the past, they were now united by their love for Hazel, a love that had the power to heal old wounds and bring them back together as a family.

Harrison's family arrived at the hospital with a mixture of relief and concern, knowing that their presence was needed now more than ever. Luna had informed Harrison about the situation with Hazel, and he, in turn, had reached out to his family, who had been kept largely in the dark about the twins until this moment.

Carter, Harrison's best friend and brother, was the first to embrace him, offering words of encouragement and support. "We're here for you, Harrison, whatever you need," he said, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Harrison nodded, appreciating the presence of his family. "Thanks, Carter. Your support means a lot to me, especially now."

Jack and Shawn, Harrison's other two brothers, nodded in agreement. "Family comes first," Jack declared, and Shawn added, "We're all in this together."

Ember, Harrison's sister, hugged Luna tightly. "We've heard so much about you and the twins," she said, her eyes filled with sympathy. "We're here to help in any way we can."

Luna smiled gratefully at Ember. "Thank you, Ember. Your support means the world to us, especially to Hazel."

Harrison introduced Luna to his family, who welcomed her with open arms. There was an air of tension, given the complicated history between Harrison and Luna, but the shared concern for Hazel's well-being overshadowed any discomfort.

Carter, always the peacemaker, decided to address the elephant in the room. "I know things have been complicated between you two," he began, looking at Luna and Harrison, "but right now, let's focus on Hazel. We're here to support her, no matter what."

Harrison nodded, grateful for his brother's wisdom. "You're right, Carter. Hazel needs us."

As the family spent time with Hazel, who was still weak from her illness but showed signs of improvement, the twins, Harper and Hazel, were finally reunited, their tiny hands reaching out for each other. It was a poignant moment that reminded everyone of the importance of family bonds.

Ember, always the perceptive one, looked at Harrison and Luna. "You know," she said softly, "sometimes, difficult circumstances can bring people closer together. Maybe this is an opportunity for both of you to heal and move forward."

Luna and Harrison exchanged glances, and for the first time in a long while, there was a hint of hope in their eyes. They realized that, despite their past, they were now united in their love for Hazel, and that shared concern had the power to mend their broken relationship.