Chapter 24: Awakening Allies

A sudden surge of energy swept through the room, its force radiating outward and encircling the entire kingdom of Silla in a protective barrier. Ardan, after placing the enchanted stone back in its rightful place, observed the mystical artifact with a sense of reverence. This stone, the final creation of his father, had been crafted to find his lost brother and safeguard the realm. It was a desperate measure, designed to prevent intruders from infiltrating the kingdom as Marlin had once done.

With a determined exhale, Ardan swiftly exited the chamber. Now that his people were secure within the protective barrier, his thoughts turned to securing an advantage over Lavitica. He traversed the long corridor toward the library with purpose, his mind focused on a particular book that held the key to their next steps.

Entering the library, he paused momentarily, taking in the familiar surroundings. This space had been his refuge since childhood, a place where he found solace amidst the vast collection of books. While Kalen excelled in combat and physical prowess—qualities Ardan deeply admired—Ardan had always preferred the pursuit of knowledge. He took comfort in studying various strategies of warfare and leadership, losing himself in the tomes that lined the shelves.

His reverie was broken as he carefully reached for a book on a high shelf, his hand trembling slightly with anticipation.

The Book of War, he thought with a small smile. It had been too long since he last delved into its pages. This time, he intended to use the ancestral wisdom contained within to protect what was rightfully theirs and to turn the tides against their enemies.

"This time, we shall shape the flow of the waves against you, Marlin," Ardan whispered to the wind, his resolve firm as he prepared to face the challenges ahead.

**********

Noah and Roma walked side by side through the lush palace garden, their steps purposeful and measured. After some time, Roma chose a shaded spot beneath a towering oak tree, inviting Noah to join him. Noah settled onto the grass, wiping sweat from his brow. His muscles ached from the morning's training with the soldiers—a grueling but necessary routine. He had been pushing himself hard, determined to contribute to the defense despite his lack of experience. With a looming sense of an inevitable battle, he was resolved to protect Lilian, even if it meant facing his limitations.

As he tried to catch his breath and relax, Noah turned to Roma, the question that had been on his mind since his arrival pressing at him with urgency.

"How can we go back?" Noah asked, his voice steady despite the intensity of his desire for an answer.

Roma's gaze was calm and measured. "Does Lilian want to go back?" he countered, his tone neutral.

Noah let out a frustrated sigh. "She doesn't want to at the moment, but I'm here to bring her back no matter what. You brought me into this world, so it's only fair that you tell me how we can return," he said with determination.

"There is a way, but it is fraught with danger," Roma began, his expression serious.

Noah's curiosity was piqued despite the ominous tone. "Tell me. Please."

"The Babylon Candle holds the magic to transport anyone to their desired location. It's a rare artifact, and there is only one left in this realm," Roma explained.

"How do you use it?" Noah asked, eager to understand.

"It's simple. You light it, close your eyes, and whisper where you want to go," Roma replied.

"So, where can I find this Babylon Candle?" Noah inquired.

Roma's expression grew more serious. "The last known owner of the artifact resides in the far East part of the Forbidden Forest—the witch Galinda."