chapter 1 /prologue (lumbering day to day)

My notes- the chapters start out short but'll get longer (I think) stick with me until it picks up, the early chapters kinda suck but they're gonna get better, (I'm looking at you q!charlie)

The riptide pirates were on an island. Not new. The riptide pirates wanted to fight a BUILDING-SIZED ORC. NEW. VERY NEW. "okay woah woah,, hold on," Chip said, holding his hands up and taking a few steps back. "We NEVER said we wanted a fight" letting out a nervous/ faint laugh. Gillion narrowed his eyes at the towering orc, then flitted his eyes to the area on the cliffs where Jay was hidden.

He heard the birds chirp

He heard Chip shifting nervously next to him

He heard the voice of a god

"And that's where we'll end this session"

Everything went still. The sky folded like a book.

Chap 1

Slime groaned at the rising sun. His head and hands were throbbing. Cracking his eyes open to see his blurry house, his headache immediately reared its painful head. he closed his eyes again. He wanted to stay in bed all day. The sun wanted to get him up. Hence why slime decided they were enemies.

"Ugh, god. Okay okay, I'm getting up." Slime groaned as he felt for his glasses sliding them on. As his vision clears, he takes in the sight of his house.

It's a wreck.

It's a wreck..?

Oh. Right. last night he was coming in late from mining and saw his beach, decorated for a hopeful time, a happy time... Maybe. Seeing that he'd started to spiral, drinking and tearing and *hurting*. He wanted to take his glasses off to ignore his problems. But instead, he stood up and got to work. He tidied Up the broken alcohol glass, threw away torn curtains, and replaced a window pane he had punched, which would explain the torn-up hands.

After the house was back in a suitable state, he checked the chat.

>Bagherajones_ hey slime! Hope you are having a good day. When he gets a chance me and Jaiden would like to talk to gegg. Thanks!

Slime groaned. "I don't wanna deal with anyone today..."

>Slimecicle_ hi! Sorry I didn't see your message. I'm sure he'd love to chat but I can't get in touch with him rn :( I'll messg you back when he's available.

Closing his chat without waiting for a response slime started to wander around his small territory, purposely avoiding his beach seats. He knew he had to get rid of them but he couldn't bring himself to do it. On the better days, he'd sit there with slime people and pretend he had a happy family. Well,, okay maybe not on his better days. But coping is subjective.. right..? Right. He passed by the temple he'd built for lil j, his mine, his house, and the shore. "I should just jump in." Slime stared into the water looking at himself. He'd cleaned his house but not himself. He had matted brown hair surrounding his greenhorns. That reminded him of Flippa. He had big glasses. God, that reminded him of Flippa and Mariana... But thinking about both of them was even harder. He had sickly skin and bags under his eyes. That was all his. He had brown eyes. He had Flippa's old trans pin. He had a satchel, it wasn't a backpack but it was okay. He had a white bear ear- wait...

"HELLO."

"JESUS HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!"

Slime whipped around coming face to face with the ever-smiling Cucorucho. He stumbled backward falling on his ass into the water.

"AHHHH!! CUCO-cucorucho you fucking SCARED ME." Slime clutched at his chest refusing to look Cucorucho in the eyes.

"HELLO. WE HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE ISLAND."

"I'm fucking not" he mutters

Cucorucho pulls out a book and starts to write, then throws it straight at Slime, who deftly catches it.

'HELLO. SLIME. HOW HAS YOUR DAY BEEN?'

"Fine. What do you need?" he twirled his gold ring out of habit.

Another book. 'NOTHING FROM YOU. WHY DO YOU ASK.'

gritting his teeth slime stands up, brushing wet sand off his pants. "Last time you came to see me you told me my fucking daughter was dead."

'AH. YES, I DO REMEMBER THAT.'

the bear mask seemed to grin wider. Slime hated it. "So what do you want this time..?

'NOTHING TOO SINISTER. REALLY. THE FEDERATION HAS A VERY EXCLUSIVE OFFER TO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE GEGG. BUT WE CANNOT PINPOINT HIS LOCATION. HE IS A VERY PECULIAR EGG. WE DO NOT REMEMBER HIM.'

Slime raised an eyebrow at Cucorucho and continued reading

'WE THOUGHT YOU. AS HIS OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVE. WOULD KNOW HIS WHEREABOUTS.'

Slime closes the book slowly. "I..." He narrows his eyes at Cucorucho, thinking carefully about his next words. "I don't know where he is. However. If you make a document or something, I can pass it on. I don't even need to know the advantage.. or whatever."

Cucorucho hmms, tapping its chin. Then starts to write in another book.

El backflipo felt his cold pants sticking to his legs.

Slime felt the judging gaze of Cucorucho.

his vision blurred, as he shakily caught the book the creature threw at him. 'WE KNOW.'

He straightened his shoulders. gasping for air, spiraling into confusion and panic. how could they- when- only qauckity and him knew...

He felt the world fade, dim and disconnect. you have been disconnected from the server. WE HOPE YOU ENJOY THE ISLAND :)