Chap 9. (It's over, slime.)

he/it prnouns for slime!! (ive kinda resigned myself to shorter chapters I hope yall don't mind >.<)(also get hype for the upcoming genloss chapter >:D)

Slime tried to open its eyes again.

To breathe.

To joke.

To understand.

To see.

He expected to open his eyes to the same hall he had fallen asleep in.

Instead it found himself in a cave.

One he 'remembered.'

One that was supposed to be a part of his story.

But truly, it was just a memory.

It hadn't ever existed.

It was part of his story.

"Hello?"

It slipped forward, searching for the slimes that had been here long ago.

"Anyone..?"

He half hoped for quackity to be there but-

Quackity was somewhere else.

Someone, else.

"Ooooh..."

Slime tried to sound like he understood, but he didn't.

"Uh. I'm gonna guess I'm... Over?"

Which seemed wrong. Cause there were plans for him to come back. For him and quackity to mend. Somewhat.

"Why? What changed? What ended?"

It had no idea who he was trying to talk to. But it felt comforting. He shifted his form to something comfortable. Ever since the lava it had more trouble keeping a strict, clear, form. The form it took now was strange. Round and egg like, with thick glasses. Those never seemed to leave. It shifted more to the ground, laying spread out. Staring at the cave ceiling as the watercolor memory shifted. It wanted it to be more... Green. He focused on changing the roof to more green hues, lush plants and vines glowing softly. He laughed softly as he focused again, shifting it to a watercolor sea, the bottom of a wooden ship bobbing above. The nether roof, a night sky, a red moon that made him tense. Then he tried to change more than the ceiling. He let its mind reach into previously hidden places. A house, a shack, a fort of stone, a temple of quartz, a cold hole in a nursery, more caves, the needle, under the sea, it found it could be anyone, anything.

Because,

It was an idea, an emotion made into a character.

Slime was truly molded, crafted. But not by quackity, no. But by the people behind quackity and all the others.

Maybe his story was over. But it didn't have to be.

It detached from the cave, wandering in and out of so many ideas. He could act them all.

Because his story was over. But it birthed so much.

The creators had moved on, replaced him.

Perhaps- maybe someday he'd be called back. And it would be ready to be used. A good character. For an equally good story.

For now though- for now the idea of slime could help the people in their creative endeavors.

He decided one last thing

He decided he was the peoples character.

He closed his eyes, and split off to be interpreted, story over.

Satisfied

YOUVE NO IDEA HOW CATHARDIC IT WAS TO WRITE THIS!!!!! i lauve c!slime a lot but letting him go made me cry/srs both just now when I wrote this and in the finale. anyways charlie hasn't said anything abt it but I'm gonna guess we got the c!ranboo treatment so this chapter is like,, he's ours now guys!!!! I'm hoping you enjoyed cause this one was uh-- like idk a TRIP!! probably gonna b the last c!slime chapter cause the dsmp is over and I couldn't think of any in-character path for it so I just ended it :,)