Chapter 7 (insomniac)

[+] Slimecicle

Slimecicle woke up in the woods with a splitting headache.

"Oh Jesus Christ" he groaned.

"Wh-where the fuck am I..?"

He raised his head, fixing his glasses. The woods looked unfamiliar and dark. He looked at his hands, and that was when it really clicked. Fucking gegg. He twisted around, looking at his skin. He had gooey dark green spots scattered around his skin, some larger than others. He gagged, rubbing his face. Okay. Try to remember what he had planned for yesterday. Or the day before.

Shit. How long had he been out?

He opened his menu, maximizing his map. Okay, he was sorta near the wall? Not in a colonized area but near the wall. If he could find that he could find his way back to people. He stood up, stumbling on his long legs.

"Fucking piss gegg." He muttered, feeling unsteady in his own body was never fun. He slowly lumbered towards the wall, slowly gaining confidence with his own feet. The headache wasn't going away though. Being a campaign manager was great and all, untill your client wanted to take over your body for days on end. Gegg was a strange case for slime, because at first it had started out as a funny bit, but now? Now Slime had so little control over him. Maybe he could try and find a book somewhere on slime mobs and their parasitic habits. He kept moving, the sun started to set, he hadn't been that far away from the wall, had he? Slime paused to check his map again. No one had moved. Wh- no one had moved? It had to've been an hour by now, and everyone was still?

A message popped up

[QSMP]: the map and a couple other mods are malfunctioning, we might close down the server for updates and maintenance. Shouldn't take too long, sorry everyone!

[Ph1lza]: I can read a normal map, kinda cringe y'all rely on a mod lamo

[JaidenHere]: some of us don't play insane amounts of Minecraft, calm down.

[Ph1lza]: lamo

Slime closed the chat, rubbing a hand through his hair. The longer he walked in the dying heat, the more his headache felt splitting, and his stomach churned. Finally he saw the shadow of the wall. He slunk down to a crouch, arms resting on his knees, head low to the ground.

His vision filled with dirt, the outline of his glasses disappearing.

He woke up.

But it was the exact same time of day.

And he felt a lot better.

He stood up stretching his back, tail flicking against something hard in his backpack. Oh! How could he forget? He shrugged the pack off, shuffling through his mess, eventually finding the first sized jewel humming with magic. His warp stone could whip him back to eggsile. He opened the menu.

Why did a 'magic' stone have a menu? No wait, furthermore, hasn't it always been this way? So why hadn't he ever questioned it?

He selected eggsile, bracing to be warped away. It always upset his stomach, something to do with the way slime and magic reacted. He stumbled on the sandy ground, feet sinking into the softer terrain. Shaking himself, he straightened out. He needed to restock his backpack with food since he was always out. Making his way to his house, he couldn't help but glance at the decorated beach. It was always hard to look at, but it had been.. well. It wasn't fair to say he was 'over' it, but he was doing better. Sure, he still thought endlessly about Flippa, everything new thing was a possible way to get her back, but when the door eventually shut, it didn't bring him to his knees, to a low place. And sure, maybe he caught himself thinking about Marianas... Looks, attitude. The way they raised Flippa together.