Chapter 5

Khadijah POV

Bellevue, Washington📍

Four days have passed and in those four days a lot has happened since then. First off I left Michigan after the president's campaign trail was a success there, no surprise in him doing well in his hometown state. Second thing that happened was that Vanessa is missing somehow.

Last I got any reports of her was two days after having a talk with her. I'm not even going to hold myself accountable for her disappearance, if she wants to play hide and seek then she can with herself.

I wouldn't even be shocked if she did it and came back with a storyline to tell. It's not like the president is worried for her whereabouts, he has moved on since and is planning his son's gala.

Speaking of his so called 'son', Semaj his name was.

I heard a lot about him, well him being unpredictable most times. He's basically a wild card who was sent off to God knows where for some time to think of his actions.

I went to go make some breakfast, probably French toast with strawberries on the side and some tea.

"Alexa play getting ready playlist"

First song to play was Special Affairs by The Internet. I placed my French toasts on the pan and let them do their thing and started singing a little to the song while making my way to the cabinets in search of a mug.

Finding what I was looking for I prepared my tea and checked my French toasts to see if it needed flipping soon.

To make time go fast I scrolled through instagram feeds. By now my French toasts are done, I went to plate my food and grabbed a few already cut strawberries and put them on my plate. I sprayed whip cream on there and little chocolate chips.

I could hear my stomach growling really loud, but I had to look for a show to watch while I ate.

Took me like ten minutes before finally settling with watching Botched. I just like to watch this show often in the morning, it starts the day for me.

I checked the time and it's almost evening. I needed to leave soon to pick up my dress from the tailor. After taking my last bite and sip of tea, I rushed to the sink and washed the dishes.

Headed back to my room and got dressed, I changed to some long light mocha sweater and a long dark brown skirt. I slid on my beat up shoes and grabbed my keys before exiting my house.

~~~

"You think my breasts are showing much?" I was on facetime with Imani.

I kept checking myself out in the standing mirror, looking back and forth, capturing the style of the dress. The dress itself hugged my curves in all the right places and brought out my body more. The sleeves are like those dress hand gloves but they're connected to the dress itself so I can't take them off.