Chapter Nineteen- Someone Else

Chapter Nineteen 

Sitting down in the waiting room in a hospital whilst your girlfriend is in there getting checked up for injury wasn’t my plan for today. I sat there silently tapping my finger on the handle of the chair, surrounded by four plain walls and other sick patients. 

Receiving a call from Mrs Parker wasn’t the best either. I had no idea what she was going to tell me and to tell me that she was okay and her injuries weren't that big was a relief judging by what we had been going through lately. I was scared for her and worried for her more then anything else; Way more then myself. If there was one thing I had to do was to protect her and keep her safe and out of harm and even if that meant hurting myself, I’d do it. 

“Harry.” Mrs Parkers voice spoke. I turned my head around facing her my face full of worry and concern. “Thank god you’re here.” She cried. I stood up out of my chair as she walked over to me, Her long hair swaying as she did so. “Ashley is dying to see you.” 

“Is she okay?” 

“Yes she’s fine but she’s not telling me the truth on how she got hurt... Well, at least I don’t think she is.” She sighed. “Please talk to her and work things out.” 

“I will.” I smiled. “Do you know what happened to her though?” 

“It was about three in the morning and I woke up to go the bathroom but she was gone..” She sighed. 

“-What? Where?” I cut her off. 

“I wasn’t sure. I looked around the house and outside and I didn’t see her. I started to get worried so I went outside and down the road to see if I could find her and thats when I saw her walking around, hurt.” 

“So she just left?” 

“Yes, I don’t know why though. She was gone and I was sure she went to sleep so then I went around looking for her.” 

“Did she tell you how she got hurt?” I asked concerned. 

“Apparently someone hit her, She didn’t see the face. He just pushed her over and ran off.” She cried. “Look, I just want to know if thats the truth or if she’s lying to me. I want to know that this isn’t someone she knows and that there isn’t someone out there trying to deliberately hurt her.” 

“I’ll let you know, Mrs Parker. Not to worry.” 

“Thanks Love.” She finished of giving me a warm smile. 

I gave her mum a nod with a reassuring smile as I moved around her through the large corridor, heading to room 218 to find Ash. 

One night without each other and this is what it led to.

212, 213, 214, 215, 216,.... 217.. 

I peeked my head slowly through the hospital door as my legs stood firmly on the shiny white ground outside the door getting a quick glance at her. She lay there venerable, her skin pale, her eyes full of pain. 

“Harry?” I heard a familiar voice whisper. “Is that you?” Her voice brought warmth in me and in my heart, just knowing she was okay and safe here. 

I wanted to walk through the door and see her but I didn’t know exactly how. To think that someone just hurt a teenage girl like that. I mean, It was all my fault, I wasn’t with her and maybe if I was just with her then none of this would have happened.. 

I didn’t understand what her mum told me properly.. I didn’t comprehend why Ashley would just go strolling around in the streets in the middle of the night, there had to be a particular reason that led her to all this...