The masquerade party mishap

The evening party proceeded as all masquerade parties did. It was quite the novelty to be invited, as the Lord Beningham was known for rarely hosting such gatherings. Although something that very few people knew was that these parties were a way for Lord Beningham to convey crucial information regarding the state to a vasal of the House of Lords.

Alicia stood on the balcony as she kept an eye on Lord Beningham. She felt extremely uncomfortable in the fancy clothes she was wearing as a disguise.
'𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘴𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘹𝘪𝘢?'

"Hello Madam, I don't believe I have met you before" A voice called out to her from behind.

She turned around and saw a man, probably no older than 25 judging from his voice. He was wearing a white shirt on top of which he wore a black coat which was unbuttoned. In his right hand he held a cane and he used his left hand to tip his top hat. On his face he had a black mask which covered the top half of his face. On the left side there was a black rose attached to the mask and on the right 3 black feathers most likely belonging to a raven.

"I am Noah, Noah Rozelle. A pleasure to meet you, Miss?" He bowed and offered Alicia a handshake.

"Alicia Lockhart, a pleasure to meet you as well" She shook Noah's hand.

"You seem a bit out of place, are you not used to parties such as this?"

"You guessed correctly. I haven't had the luxury to ever attend gatherings such as this due to my work"

"Ah, I suppose being the vice commander of the Anti Envoy Division doesn't provide one with enough leisure to be able to enjoy parties. Wait, could you be on a mission right now? I would hate to disturb you"

"How...did you know that..? I suppose you saw my picture on the paper? Anyways I am perfectly capable of maintaining a conversation as well as focus on my mission"

"Yes yes, of course I recognised you from the papers and I am sure everyone else can as well. After all there are only a few people with luscious blonde hair" Noah said and grabbed a few strands of her hair in his hand "And green eyes that seem gentle at first but on a closer glance also radiate confidence and bravado along with maybe a hint of foolhardy?"

"I suggest you don't touch me so carelessly unless you don't want your shoulder dislocated. I also suggest you keep your opinions to yourself"

Noah let go of her hair and flashed what could only be described as a cocky smile.
"Now now, there's no need for violence. I simply came to give you this" He took out a black mask with golden flower designs from his coat pocket and presented it to her. "If you plan on being undercover, especially in a masquerade party. Isn't it common sense to wear a mask?"

"I suppose you are right...Can you put it on" Alicia said turning around but almost fumbled and fell as she stepped on her skirt.

"Heh, you should really just wear what you are comfortable with" Noah said as he tied the mask to her.

"And you should really keep your opinions to yourself"

"I will... try to keep that in mind. Here you are done" Noah said as he finished tying the mask.

"I am truly grateful for your help, but do tell me. Is the mask really supposed to be this tight and hinder the sight to such extent?"

"Why yes of course. Perhaps you are simply not used to the life of the upper class? Oh well I will be heading down stairs now, if you wish to dance I will gladly accompany you" Noah bowed again and walked downstairs to the ballroom.