𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

❅ ❅

❅ ❅

Emma hardly slept last night. It was like she was so distracted for most of the night after the game Jay, Will, and her went out to eat with Drew and the guys from 51. She had so much fun it was easy for her to forget about everything going on, until she made it back home and up to bed.

Even the noise of her fan couldn't drown out the worrisome thoughts filling her head, she slept with her pepper spray under her pillow and Will's old baseball bat in her arms. Refusing to have her back facing her room Emma pushed herself into her wall as far as she could.

When Jay walked in that morning and saw her finally asleep he didn't want to wake her but remembered that it was Erin's birthday and that Emma would've been so mad at him if he didn't bring her to the district with him today.

He already cleared it with Voight, since Will didn't have to work today and would be at home Jay was planning on going in today and Emma had the option of either going into work with him or staying home with Will.

"Emmy? Wake up Em." Jay said sitting down next to her

He watched as Emma tiredly blinked her eyes open before looking up at him with a pouty glare making him chuckle.

"What?" Emma mumbled rubbing her eyes

"It's Erin's birthday today. Do you want to come to the district with me to wish her a happy birthday? If you don't Will is going to be home so it's whatever you want to do." Jay said and Emma immediately sat up

"I'll go with you." Emma nodded remembering that her and Nadia were still planning Erin's surprise party, they had already talked to Hermann and he said they could use Molly's so it was all set

"Ok, be ready in 20 minutes please. I'll wait for you downstairs." Jay said kissing her forehead, deciding to ignore the baseball bat in her hands

Emma yawned before throwing her feet over the side of her bed and stretching until her joints popped making her sigh. She got out of bed and made her way into the bathroom to do her business and take a shower, she locked the bathroom door behind her and made sure the blind in the window was shut tight before undressing and getting into the shower.

The hot water flowed down her back as she rested her forehead on the glass, her breath fogging it up. She had a sinking feeling in her gut but couldn't pin point what it meant, it might just be where she's so stressed about Yates. She also hasn't eaten yet and is nauseous most morning because of having an empty stomach so maybe she'll feel better after some breakfast.