Chapter 3: The Tree House

Author's Notes: And we arrive at another chapter in my story. Have a good read ^^

EDIT: In June 2024, I was looking for someone who could draw the two protagonists of my book, where this art could serve as the cover art for my second book, Silverlake. Luckily for me, I had the great pleasure of doing business with Tururs, who made a really cute drawing 😍🥰 Thank you very much, friend 💖 If you want to see his wonderful arts, click here: https://www.deviantart.com/tururs

So besides reading this chapter, enjoy this beautiful art of the two sillies ❤️

Two weeks have passed since the day Emily had dinner at Nathan's house. After her mother went to work, Emily quickly went to Nathan's house to ask him to play outside. However, those who showed up there were Nathan's parents, who were already going to work.

— Is Nathan there? — Emily asked.

— Yes, but he's grounded. — Ellie said.

— Why?

— Because he left the house without our permission. —Alan said.

— And when was that?

— Week before last. And I believe someone asked him to take a walk around the city center without us knowing. Isn't it, Emily?

— Okay, I admit it. He never left home and it was really cool for him to get to know the outside world a little.

— But don't you think that would be very dangerous for him? Even more so in a world where people do not tolerate those who are different from them.

— Someone even threw paint at him as a provocation. What matters is that nothing worse happened to him.

— Okay, I'm sorry about that. How long will his punishment last?

— Till tomorrow.

— Okay then. — Said Emily, who was already leaving.

— What were you going to do today? — Ellie asked.

— Nothing else.

— Well, punishment is punishment. You'll have to wait tomorrow.

— I understand.

As Emily walked away, Alan and Ellie felt sorry for her and decided to change their minds. They then asked Emily to wait while they called Nathan.

— Nathan, come down here! — Alan exclaimed.

— Why?

— Because we changed our minds! — Ellie exclaimed. — You have to play with Emily!

Nathan left his room and ran down the stairs like lightning. He was very happy to be released from his punishment as now he could finally play with his friend. While his parents went to work, Nathan went to talk to his friend.