fourteen

Dabi's POV:

"Honey...is everything okay?" I ask hesitantly. "I'm fine." I feel my entire body tense up. Tomura uses certain words, almost as a hidden message. Something I learned very early on in our relationship is that fine never means fine. "Mura?" He stares at me blankly.  "Don't you have plans with Spinner?" He shakes his head. I softly place my hand on his thigh. "Baby, what's wrong." 

He holds his hand in his face. "Nothing, I'm just really, really tired." I use my free hand to run my fingers through his hair. "I told you it wasn't good for you to be up that late." He sighs. "I know. I just wanna be able to see you when you get home." 

"I know, but I don't want you to feel drained all the time." Tomura leans on my chest and wraps his arms around my waist. "Maybe I'll change shifts," he suggest. "I do not want you working at night. It's not safe." Drag my fingers through his scalp. I can feel his body relaxing into mine. "But we'd be able to see each other."

I don't want Tomura to have to work at all. I wish I could find a job that paid to where he never had to worry about money. I'm thinking about asking Yumi to send me one of the old man's credit cards. Can you mail those? 

"Can I use the car?" I look over Shoto standing by the bar. "Do you even have a license?" I question. "I'm sixteen dumbass, of course I have a damn license." He's been spending too much time with Natso. "The keys are by the door, asshole." he rolls his eyes. "I'm going out with Shinso. I'll see you in a few hours." Tomura sits up slightly. "Call me when you get there." I grin down at him. "You are such an older brother." Then he rolls his eyes. "Whatever. I'm hungry." I tap his head. "I'll make you something." 

He crawls off me. "No, it's okay." I sit up to face him. "But you're hungry." He shrugs. "I can wait till lunch," he answers. "Tomura." 

Tomura's POV:

The only thing that keeps me from exploding on Dabi about lying to me is having this control. For the pass few days the only time I've eaten is at dinner. And even then I make sure to only eat half. 

When I went to Tamaki's house I was able to use his scale. I've already loss seven pounds. I know Dabi would hate me for this but he's got his own secrets.

"When's the last time you ate." It's not even a question. "I ate this morning. You saw me." He looks surprised. "I did?" I tug on the rim of his shirt to distract him from the conversation. "Yeah. I had matcha waffles. Remember?" I ask. "Oh, damn sorry. I must have forgotten." I kiss his cheek. "It's fine."

The more I focus on food, the less I focus on my mom. I don't want to deal with it. Not yet. I need Dabi for that and right now I have to figure out why he doesn't trust me.

It's getting worse again. I know that. But I am not ready to confront that yet. I'd rather ignore it entirely. I lay back on Dabi's chest, pushing him down. "Wanna watch a movie?" I ask. "You should get some sleep baby." He goes back to stroke my hair. "Can we stay here?" He kisses my forehead. "Of course my love."