Chapter 3: Chemistry

Fryboy leaned in too. Their noses touching. She could practically feel his breath on her face. She closed her eyes and felt his lips move to her cheek. He kissed her cheek gently. She inhaled. Getting lost in the feeling.

They were still practically strangers and yet also had a strong connection. He pulled away and Ivy looked at him breathless.

He kissed her hand gently before leaving her again. This time running across the path to scare a few teenagers. He watched as they screamed in his face and ran away. He didn't show any emotion on his face and continued on walking.

Ivy stood there for a while until she realised she hadn't moved. She walked over towards the food stand and ordered some fries. Since she realised how hungry she was.

'Are you enjoying your night?' Asked the man behind the food stand. She took the hot fries from his hands.

'Yes thank you. It's so busy..' said Ivy, looking around to see all the people in the park.

'It usually is. We've been popular for a few years now! I suppose people love a good scare' said the man with a smile.

'I bet you guys make a lot of money' said Ivy, eating one of the fries.

'Oh sure! .. I saw you before you know..' said the man. Ivy looked at him confused.

'What do you mean?' Asked Ivy.

'Fryboy doesn't usually connect with anyone..' said the man, a smirk growing on his face. Ivy felt a little embarrassed.

'Uhhh..' Ivy stuttered. The man grinned at her.

'It's alright, he usually has that effect on people. But I saw something flash in his eyes before... he definitely likes you' finished the man.

Ivy felt her heart flutter and her cheeks go a little red. 'Are you sure he doesn't just flirt with everyone?' Asked Ivy, wanting to make sure.

'As handsome as he is. He doesn't usually flirt with strangers' said the man.

'I see' said Ivy, contemplating this information.

'Enjoy your night' said the man. Ivy walked away from the stand, eating her fries. She found a bench and sat there for a while. She was enjoying the atmosphere when one of the characters came up to scare her. He had similar makeup to Fryboy but yet he was a lot different. His energy almost seemed more scarier to her.

Strangely enough he didn't scare her in the end. He then walked past her, while staring at her intently. Like he was in deep thought about something. She looked at him perplexed as to why he changed his mind. She opened her mouth to speak to him when he turned his head and skated away. Making an adult man jump out of his skin.

It felt like an hour had passed until Ivy decided to leave. She'd be lying to herself if she didn't take into account that she had been waiting for Fryboy to return. But she didn't see him again. Disappointed and tired Ivy walked back to the car park. Feeling a little ashamed of herself at getting so attached to a scare actor.

Regina's car was gone from the car park. Sighing and shaking her head. She took out her phone and dialled her number. The phone rang for a few seconds before she answered.

'Oh hey Ivy, I am so sorry I left without you... I just decided to stay at one of my friends house tonight..' said Regina, she sounded a little guilty but not enough for Ivy to be satisfied.

'Oh okay... so first you ditch me hours ago.. now you leave me here without any way of getting home' said Ivy, trying very hard not to lose her temper. Then she could feel a strangers presence behind her. But she didn't turn around.