Chapter 4: Halloween night

Ivy woke up with a start, her heart beating fast.

She'd been dreaming of him. His dark curls imbedded in her mind. How his dark brown eyes had been watching her. She could feel herself getting worked up and beginning to fantasise a lot more than just kissing him.

She buried her head in her hands. She hadn't been loved like that in what felt like such a long time. Her heart ached as she thought about it. She breathed out harshly. Trying to think of something else. Anything else.

Her eyes looked over towards her Callander. That's when she realised it was Halloween.
~
Regina had tried to call her at least two times since around breakfast but Ivy didn't pick up. She wasn't sure why but ever since she ditched her last night to be reunited with her ex. It seems to have put a wedge in their friendship. It was upsetting to say the least.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Ivy's mind pictured Fryboy standing at the door. Her heart fluttered. She drew closer towards the door and knew it wasn't him. She opened the door to find Regina standing there, guilt written across her face.

'I know you hate me but please can we talk' said Regina, her eyes full of emotion.

Ivy nodded and let her inside. They went into the kitchen and sat down on the breakfast bar. It was around midday.

'Can you really trust him this time?' Asked Ivy, getting straight to the point.

At first Regina looked shocked that she had gotten straight into it but then remembered that's what she was like. She just hadn't seen her friend like this in a long time.

'Yes. I know it seems like a trap but I promise you.. he's changed for the better' said Regina, trying to convince her friend.

Ivy still looked sceptical but she tried to relax her face. 'Maybe I'm just being too harsh. But then I also remember everything that happened last time which is why I'm so unsure this time around' said Ivy.

'Believe me when I say I would never put myself through that again. Would you be open to meet him again?' Asked Regina. Ivy sipped her coffee, it had suddenly gone cold.

'Sure. I suppose that's the only way, I'll be able to see it for myself' said Ivy, strongly.

'Thank you Ivy. So what happened last night? You were there for a while after I left..' said Regina.

Ivy went into deep thought for a moment. As much as she trusted Regina. Something inside her told her not to say anything about Fryboy just yet. It seemed too fresh. Honestly too close to her heart.

'Just getting used to the surroundings. I actually find myself quite fond of the place' said Ivy, with a hidden smirk. Regina smiled.

'That's wonderful! Excited to go again tonight?' Wondered Regina.

'You have no idea' said Ivy, her smirk growing.
~
After they had a good catch up, Regina went home promising her she'll be a better friend tonight and in general. Strangely enough Ivy didn't have much hope that she'll live up to her promises. So they decided to meet each other at the entrance this time.

Ivy went over to her dads cafe. As the bell sounded he looked up and smiled happily.

'How are you pumpkin?' Wondered George, his eyes searching his daughters face. She looked mostly calm but there was a hidden sparkle in her eyes.

'Good, how are you?' Replied Ivy, gently. Sitting on the stool in the corner. She sometimes sat there, other times she would sit on the comfy couch by the window.

'I'm very well and I'm very happy to see a smile on your face too!' Replied George, getting his daughters usual lunch ready. Ivy smiled in response.

While she waited for her lunch she opened a book to pass the time and got lost in the words. Almost like it was transporting her to another world.