Memories

Please note if the formatting is off, it is due to wattpad. Everything looks fine in Microsoft Word and then when it gets posted here it can look funny.

This is the second installment of my King Arthur series, you don't have to read "The Distance Between Us" in order to understand this story. All information related to this story will be in the last "chapter" of this story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Wind in the night

Tristan eased the throttle of his F-15EX Eagle 2 to increase the speed, he was already flying at 800kt, but he felt it wasn't fast enough, he felt the need to soar in the sky, to feel the wind beneath his wings, metaphorically speaking, just like his beloved hawk companion Maiôsara. Up here he could let his mind wander to memories that were better left behind when on the ground.

Virgina don't sound like she used to.

Isolde and Tristan had been married for many years before tragedy struck them and everything seemed to change in a moment. Isolde had always been a fan of singing and had taken music, singing, and dancing lessons all throughout her life; her singing teachers had often equated her voice to that of Hayley Westenra, a soprano from New Zealand.

                                                                  Walking home late

                                                  Smoke in my lungs and whiskey burning

                                                                  In my veins
                                                     December won't be so forgiving
                                                           I'm haunted by a ghost

                                                       Of you and my past colliding

                                                           I can never go home

                                                             ...Wind in the night

Tristan had been out for a stroll one windy winter evening towards downtown Galway, where he and his brothers-in-arms frequented while they were stationed there in Ireland. Tonight was his first night back after being on assignment for several months, and always the observer, his ears picked up a delightful feminine voice singing The Fields of Athenry. This song was considered a popular anthem for local sports supporters, and with the Rugby World Cup happening it seemed only fitting. However, upon hearing Isolde's voice something stirred in him, and before the scout knew what was happening, his feet led him inside, and he found himself sitting at a table with his fellow knights. As he sat there observing the young woman a familiar red-headed woman made her way toward him and gifted him a green apple from her basket that she was carrying, Vanroa he thought. He knew no other woman who would approach him so casually, she feared very little he had learned over the years.

"Her name is Isolde, she's been singing here on the weekends since you went out scouting," Vanora stated, she knew he was a man of few words, so she often took the lead in their conversations. She also knew how much Tristan liked his apples and always kept a bowl of them stocked. Tristian simply nodded his thanks to her and pulling out his pocketknife he sliced into the apple without taking his eyes off Isolde. She was a tall, slender young woman, mid 30's was his guess. Her long multi-shade blonde hair was pulled back into a braid that showed her oval-shaped face with high cheekbones and green eyes. There was no denying that she was a very attractive woman and probably received her fair share of attention from men everywhere she went.