Research

-Mai's Pov-

It had been four hours since we all saw one of the missing workers body which according to the police was male, i had just made everyone a drink as we waited for Yasu, who Naru told to do some research about this place, to tell us what he had found about this place which to be onist looked familior to me, 'probably from a dream' i thought to myself not thinking about it now.

"Go ahead Yasu tell us what you have found" Naru said as he look up from his peice of paper that sat on the desk that he was sat at.

"Why yes, you see when i was researching i couldn't find anything about this place, the only thing i could find about it was that this place used to belong to a happyly married couple who were named Kei and Mina Koujou Lin Yasu said whilst stopping at the name of who used to own this place before eveyone turned to look at Lin who only muttered "i knew this place looked familair to me" before stearing at everyone whilst nodding to Yasu so he could continue on.

"Well it erm also says here that they two children together, twins a girl and a boy but it doesn't name them though, anyway when the twins were just a day old, there oldest who was the boy had passed away, leaving Kei and Mina with 1 child, there little girl.

4 years later her mother Mina went missing and then when there duaghter turned 6 Kei went missing, it doesn't say anything hear with what happened to them or there daughter who has been missing till this day" Yasu said whilst looking at Lin with sorrow for his family.

"Lin do you know what happened to them?" came Naru's voice who turned to look at him, Lin nodded his head before looking at everyone before saying "yes, Mina was killed when my niece was 4 years old by Kei's twin brother who then later killed Kei 2 years later but i don't know what happened to my niece" was all Lin said before giving them all a look that said they had finished talking about this.

"Is that all you found Yasu?" Mai asked after a few minutes of silence.

"No,i also found out that this placed belonged to the most feared person who had lived in China but moved here his name was Yongle he was the Emperor of this place, his family had housed the forbidden city for 600 years" Yasu said which caused Lin to type this all down even the bit about his brother and sister-in-law as well as doing research on the name Yasu said.

"Emperor Yongle had 16 favourite Courtesons that he kept for himself, it's said that when he ripped apart by using swords, girls age from 12 to 13 were left to die on the polished floor and the servants that were there and saw what he did were hacked to death or stabbed part from the girl who he favoured. There was one who was called Lady Cui, she was the daughter of Korea's a buisness officialman, was brought here by the Emperor cheif and she was a normal 14 year old virgin but she was sent to the palace in Nanjing were he was taught the art of lovemaking and ended up being one of the Emperors favourites and with this even after his death, no man could take her. One the Emperor's funeral she was exccuted along with 15 other courtesons"

"Lin's right, it's says that they were all hung in one of the halls of this place, they were hung from a noose of white silk, Lady Cui was only 30 years old. Its also said that his son, Emperor Hongxi planned to move the court back to Nanjing but didn't proced as Emperor Hongxi died a year later" Yasu finished letting everyone take in what him and Lin-san had told them about this place.

Naru nodded at them before looking at the sheet of paper he had infront of him before reading what was on the paper to everyone in the room "people that have been here have said that they would hear different sounds like swords clashing, screaming and weeping. The owner has said that he would hear banging like someone was having a fight before a big bang which sounds like something or someone was thrown threw a wall. Some have said that they have seen a black haired woman running across the hallway, pursueed by a Samurai Soldier, or they've seen orbs, pool of blood or white silk floating through the air.

But others have also seen phantom bodies heaped on polished floors" Naru looked at everyone as he finished reading only to notice they were all still quiet 'well if i knew something like this would shut them up, i would of told them something like this ages ago' he thought as he took a sip of his tea.

"Well, what are we going to do, Mai or any of the girls could be a target on this case Naru" Monk stated as he stood up before glaring at Naru who just steared back at him.

"If you haven't noticed yet Monk, but the lads are also targeted as well" Naru stated back causing the Monk to blush as he remembered Lin-san had told them about the male vitim from when the owner had come to the office.

Mai was in deep thoughts when something that was said click in her head, she turned to face Naru before saying "Naru, how many female's have gone missing?"

Turning the teen was about to say something mean to her when he stoped as he thought about what she was trying to say, turning he looked back at the sheet before counting how many wemon have actually been taken '1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 . . . .' Naru counted in his head before looking back up at Mai.

"So far 13 why Mai?"

"It just came to me, 16 wemon were exicuted on the Emperors funeral right, well 13 have gone missing all they need know is three more and the other thing is that a male would go missing with a child, it sounds like there's more then one . . . "Mai started before stopping as it all came together but before she could say anything else the lights in the room went out leaving them all in the dark.

'More then one ghost' was all Mai could think before she was knocked out along with the others in the room.

Hope you all like this chapter, i wanted to let you all know i'm trying to do two cases in one so i'm sorry if some of the chapter don't make sense in anyway and that some chapters will be more on one of the two cases as well. But it will change.

And also that the Forbidden case is actually based on a haunted place in China.