095

< 095 >

INSTAGRAM

esmee.samonte

Liked by chassity_ellara, marylle

Liked by chassity_ellara, marylle.angelique, and others

esmee.samonte This photo was taken decades ago by Daddy on this same day when you were twenty. And this has also been my wallpaper since I was twenty.

You had always told me to love regardless—regardless of what it takes to love and to be loved. Because that's how you dearly loved life and the world.

I know that one day I'd reach the same age as you. Then I'd start growing a year older than you. And as the years go by, I will continue growing older than you. But I hope I will always carry with me your love wherever I go.

I am the woman that I am today because of you.

I love you most, Mom. Happiest birthday.
You will live and love forever in me.

November 2

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

A LETTER FROM ESMEE'S MOM, NOVEMBER 2ND OF 202N

November 2, 202N

Esmee,

When I first met your father, I thought to myself, this lifetime wasn't enough to love him. And that I might probably would wish for all the sundowns and eclipses and all of what he loves in this world to last for more than how they should, so I can see him smile for a little longer.

And love him a little longer.

Esmee, you'd meet people in life who would tell you to wait. Wait for the perfect moment. Wait for the perfect season. Wait for the perfect day. The perfect hour. The perfect second.

And later you'd realize all you've ever done in life is wait.

But the thing is, you don't have to wait to fall in love with life. You can always choose to love. Whenever. Regardless.

Esmee, I know I don't have that much time. I'm not certain if I can even be there on your wedding. So, let me tell you this while I am still here.

Don't wait.

You can be reckless.
You can choose the wrong paths.
You can make wrong choices and deal with them for a long, long time.
You can give up on something you've always loved.
You can love a wrong person.
You can love a wrong woman.
You can love a wrong man.