098

note
this is a chapter narrated in a letter of the past and photos of the present—past and present intertwined.

★ — 12 years ago
✸ — Today

• • •

< 098 >

FROM FILM CAMERA ROLL
OF NOVEMBER, 202A

Open Folder
[ 📂 Folder: November 6 ]

📂
November 6
Monday • November 6, 202A
76 Images

Opening...

A LETTER FROM JUNE OF 202M

Luca,

If things had been better, I would probably be at the altar with you today.

I wrote this letter not because I want you to read it. You won't be able to read it anymore because I left my ring at your room this afternoon. Because maybe, if things had been different, it would still be mine. And we wouldn't have to end this way.

Even if they weren't, I still believe that in another lifetime—I would marry you. I will marry you in every chance given to me.

But in any case we meet again; in any chance left that would be given to me to love you again; or even in another lifetime that you find this letter, I hope to tell you this vow that I won't be able to recite this day;

Luca Andres,

IMG_4562
(Photo of Luca holding Esmee's hands in the balcony, smiling.)

I promise to hold your hand forever.
And choose you in every moment.

IMG_4563
(Photo of Luca kneeling.)

I used to think it's absurd when people say love makes you wish for forever to last longer.

But then I met you.

And all I ever wanted is to have you close to my heart and keep you safe.

IMG_4564
(Photo of Luca getting something from his pocket; a tear runs down his cheek as he continues to smile.)

So, I promise to keep you safe.
To have you close to my heart everyday.
To remind you that for as long as I am here, you are always loved.

IMG_4565
(Photo of Luca opening the engagement ring box. He looks at Esmee lovingly.)

This life isn't perfect. Nor will it ever be.
But love is what makes it bearable, right?
You've told me that.

Perhaps love won't always lift the burden of life.

But I would love to spend the rest of my life with you and face everyday knowing that I am loved by you. Despite it all.

IMG_4566
(Photo of Esmee wiping the tears from her cheeks as she nods and lovingly smiles back.)

So, I vow to marry you.

I will marry you in every chance given to me.
I will marry you all over again decades from now if a chance is given to me.

IMG_4567
(Photo of Esmee kneeling too in front of Luca as Luca hugs her tight and kisses the side of her head.)

I love you more than what it means to be loved.

IMG_4568
(Photo of Esmee smiling and laughing while a tears run down her cheeks as she watches Luca wear the ring to her finger.)

I love you beyond borders of hope.

IMG_4569
(Photo of Luca as he kisses Esmee on the lips. Both of their eyes are smiling.)

You've never called me any other endearment aside from my name.

Because you've told me my name is love itself.

So, I love you, Luca Andres.