Chapter 4- Taken

Amy's POV

"Wait make me look pon this again cause me nuh feel it real" Lisa said as she inspected the cheque.

"Well maybe I should lodge it into my account and see."

"Heh! guh see it bounce like a careless ball."

I had to laugh because the thought never crossed my mind.

"He does not seem like the type to give out a fake cheque. My only problem is the fact that he doubled it."

Then watch me a talk like I knew anything about this man. I should have googled him.

"Trust me that man is doing everything to avoid a lawsuit. Think him nuh know seh if you sue out him chiney looking rass you will get a lot more?"

"I don't want to go through all that."

Plus I don't feel I would win against his six lawyers.

"Yeah but he doesn't know that. Anyways, call him and put the phone on speaker."

"What do I say when I call him?" I asked her.

"Seh big ugly red man weh yuh give me so much money fah?"

I almost fell off the chair because I screamed out.

"Lisa!"

"A joke man. Just call him and make the conversation flow. Him look like him love chat."

Why was she like this? I bet shit has Bigship in stitches all the time.

"Please behave yourself and don't even clear your throat in the background," I warned her and she did the 'zip lips' gesture.

I dialed the number on the card and with two rings he answered the phone.

Conversation

Chris M: Hello?

Me: Hi... ah.. Hey, it's Amy Newton. I received the flowers you sent and the cheque.

Chris M: Oh, Hi Amy, hold on a second please.

The phone went silent and I put mine on mute also.

"He placed me on hold," I said to Lisa.

"Den hold on, see if you can threaten him and get a mill or 2"

"Lisa," I grunted.

"A joke man, cho" she said then did a little jig. I could not take her seriously for the life of God.

The phone crackled and he came back on, I unmuted my phone and waited for him to say something.

Chris M: Are you there?

Me: Yes.

Chris M: Yes Amy, so you love the flowers?

Me: I do, thank you. Ummm... about the cheque... umm.. Why did you double the amount?

Chris M: Well I figured you will need to pay for your medical expenses plus you will need extra while you are recovering.

The fuck?

Me: Is this a joke or you are trying to avoid a lawsuit.

Chris M: I am not afraid of a lawsuit, especially one this petty. However I don't want you to believe that I am a horrible person.

Why did it matter to him what I thought about him?

Me: Well it wasn't you who hit me and caused me any pain so I would not think that.