Chapter 2

As I grew up, my mother, Sally, became the center of my world. Of my three fathers Zeus and Poseidon were the first to leave. Hades was the last to leave, having begged Sally for forgiveness and promising to do whatever he can to help her. He would pay my mother money to support the two of us so we lived quite comfortably and I was surprised when Alecto started babysitting me when my mother had to work late. I grew to greatly respect Hades, and I could tell my mother had forgiven Hades, and always prayed at night thanking him for everything.

Growing up I was never one for kids toys, I guess having the mind of an adult you would feel quite insulted being asked to play with baby toys. I would spend most of my time simply watching everything silently as I would try and train my vocal cords and my muscles. With such a weak body, I would have to train it from the ground up to be able to withstand the military combat training I had gone through.

By seven months I could finally walk, by 10 months I could finally talk and it felt quite refreshing speaking instead of gurgling and making weird sounds. It wasn't until 12 months that I tried to use my second wish and try to contact the Fates. I did wish I could control a literal Primordial goddess but the old hags would have to do for now.

I waited until my mother was asleep in her bed, her face etched with exhaustion. I closed my eyes and focused all my determination on summoning the Moirai.

The three materialized before me, and my jaw almost hit the floor. Last I checked the Moirai were old bats. No what had came when I called were three girls around the age of 18, they had on black greek dresses with golden jewelry, the all had platinum white hair pulled back by a golden hairbands, Clotho had her hair in a ponytail, Lachesis's hair was in a messy bun and Atropos had her hair in a greek braid.The three had bright golden eyes, and fair skin.

"What is this?" murmured Lachesis, she looked around confused.

Clotho, seemed equally perplexed. "Wait a child, summon us? How was that possible?"

I just looked at the three in confusion wondering what happened to them. "Are you three the fates? I thought the fates were... grannies." The three looked confused as they summoned mirrors and looked at themselves and gasped in shock.

"Why isn't our magic working?" Atrophis asked, panicking. "I thought it was supposed to affect everyone! We can't be seen in our real forms!"

I interrupted her "What do you mean true form? I don't see a problem. You guys are really beautiful."

"Do you not know who our father is?" Lachesis sassed. "That womanizer would have taken advantage of us had we stayed in our real forms, so before we were born we changed our looks into old wrinkled grandmas and we haven't been chased after by him at all, so it worked."

"Yeah but the spell worked too well and affected everyone, it really sucked! That Greek boy during the Trojan war was so cute, and yet all he saw were three grandmas! too bad he died by a damn arrow to the heel." Clotho pouted.

"Uhh, look, so things happened before I was born and now I am your boss, so I was wondering if you could do me a favor?" I asked.

"I guess, you are our Lord now, we have to follow your orders, ever since you were born it felt like some divine order was placed on my soul or something." Lachesis spoke up.

"So I wasn't the only one!" Clotho gasped. "I woke up a year ago and felt so weird! I thought I had eaten something weird!"

"So, what did you need... Lord?" Atropos asked through gritted teeth.

"I was hoping you would help my mother. Sure my father is helping but not much he can do, and I was wondering if you can show me how to lower my demigod scent, because of how powerful it is, it will attract some crazy amount of monsters."

"We will do what we can to help the lord's mother, as for your scent, you will need to meditate and control your aura, right now it is like a blazing fire and it will continue to grow stronger, if you can bring your aura in you will be able to lower it." Lachesis responded after some thinking.

"She is right, I suggest starting now, because the longer you take the harder it will get to control it." Clotho added. "If that is all, we have to get back to our work."

"Thank you, you are dismissed." I responded as the three left after bowing to me. That probably looked weird, three teenage girls bowing to a baby.

Not much happened for a while, and then my mom landed a job working at Goode High as a Mythology teacher. I am not joking, as it made no sense when the school had called and had hired her and would pay her $30.25 a hour if she took the job, saying they had already verified everything and she was to come to work on Monday next week and shadow the history teacher before he quit.

So the fates had done what I had asked, and it only meant that mom would end up meeting Paul earlier as he worked there as an English teacher. Ah the perfect match made in heaven.

<------------------------->

The sun hung low in the sky as I stood in the kitchen of our new home, working on my elementary homework. I moved as fast as I could, as I answered all the questions, doing my best to make it look like a 5 year old child did it and not a 35 year old man. It wasn't easy as I literally had to dumb myself down a crap ton. I sigh in annoyance as I set my pencil down and erased the paragraph I had written and tried to summarize it and dumb it down.

About 10 minutes in I heard the doorbell ring and looked in confusion. We weren't expecting anyone today. My mom and Paul had gone on a date leaving me home alone as they trusted me for some reason. Alecto had not visited in a while, but it was fine. I jumped from the stool and walked over to the door and opened it to see a beautiful woman with flowing midnight blue hair that reached her waist. She was tall with a feminine figure, and her hair was pinned back on the side with a wing shaped hair pin. Her pale skin was contrasted by piercing emerald green eyes. Her attire was very formal, a white button down shirt, a black pencil skirt, black stockings and black high heels. I raised an eyebrow at the outfit, but was amused.

"Hello, are you Perseus Jackson?" She asked coldly.

"Yes I am, what can I do for you." I responded looking at her, she looked awfully familiar.

"My name is Brunhilde, and I am here to deliver a gift from your...uncles." She spoke as she handed me a small box. I took it and opened it to find a gold and black ring, nestled inside a small little pillow.

"What is it?" I asked, slipping the ring on.

"This is the Sacred Gear, Atlan." She explained. "It'll take the form of the Draupnir Spear,For some reason they decided to give you Odin's spear, treat the weapon with great respect and it always protects you.."

"Wait seriously?" I whistled in amazement. "That is so cool.!"

"Yes, and like you wished it is now bonded to you, always returning should you throw it. It has several abilities you will have to discover yourself."

"Wow, thanks alot, Brunhilde." I laughed. Brunhilde gave a small nod before she turned and left. I watched her leave before I closed the door and headed back to do my homework.