Chapter 3 Why didn't your wolf wake up?

I was again ogling the wolf near me. He is the most handsome wolf in our pack.

There are many girls who will be ready to die for him. Why would he be worried for me?

But he is really worried for me. I can actually see concern in his eyes for me.

He said after bandaging my wound, "Aren't you a wolf?"

I was now really embarrassed.... I don't know how to explain my situation to him.

I was silent.

My silence is now bothering him.

He angrily said, "Can't you talk?"

I finally looked up to see him. He is really very handsome. I was already unable to talk. Now, I can't even move my tongue.

I was looking at him with praise in my eyes.

He perhaps understands this look very well. He is used to girls ogling at him.

He smiled at me. "I know I am handsome. But it's my honour that you are praising my beauty..."

I came to my senses. "I.... I think I should go now.."

I know if I stayed here for one more minute, I shall just lose my control and jump at him.

But my bandaged hand is still in his grip. He didn't leave my hand. So I couldn't run.

He said with a smile, "Don't go. Stay here, if you are not busy!"

I was obviously not busy. Nobody wants me in the party. But I couldn't understand why he is not in the party.

He is the Alpha's eldest son. He must be the most important one in the family ....

Nobody knows the Alpha's family history.

The Alpha's eldest son is not the son of his current mate.

The mother of this handsome boy was killed by a rogue.... And then the Alpha mated with his current mate.

The Alpha loved his eldest son.... But his current mate hated him.. She wants her child, Clare's would be mate, to be the next Alpha. So she always plotted against this son of the Alpha. And eventually the relation between father and son became soured...

Now the Alpha also don't want him to be the next Alpha.

But he has power and brain.. which his other sons don't have.

He needs him to rule the pack. He can't just throw him away.

He smiled at me, "Can you stay? Please... This party is really boring for me.."

I just sat down on the chair. He sat beside me. He left my hand. I became relaxed.

He started looking at the sky again.

I gathered the courage in my heart and asked him, "why aren't you in the party?"

He smiled again. But it is a little sad.

"Nobody wants me there... And I also don't want to be there."

I was looking at him with curiousity. He is the Alpha's son. And everyone thinks he has all the happiness at his disposal... But he is also sad. Like me.

Perhaps he understood the question in my eyes. He said, "I am not the real brother of the person in the highlights of the party!"

"What!!" I was stunned to hear the truth. Nobody in the pack knew the truth.

Alpha is really concious about his reputation. He didn't want his pack to know about having more mates.

He concealed the news of the death of his first mate. And mated another girl as soon as she died. Made her the new Luna. And only the confidential officials know the truth.

He laughed at my stunned face. "Why are you so stunned?"

I really don't know what to say! Eventually I found someone who has the same lose as mine.

He asked me, "why don't you say anything?? Are you afraid of me?? Do I look like a monster who eats humans?"

I couldn't stop myself from laughing at his joke.

He is really funny. But the pack members think of him really differently.

The think that he is cruel and doesn't know how to smile. He is emotional less and always know how to conquer packs.

But I am seeing a new person in him now.

I said, "I am sorry! I don't know what to say!"

He again asked me laughing, "Then just tell me why are you out here in the cold, leaving the party?"

I smiled sadly. "It's not a secret that my father, the beta, doesn't like me. And my mother died years ago. So I am all alone in the house despite having a house full of wolves."

I laughed at my last sentence. He also laughed. "Ok then, both of us are in the same situation.."

I nodded my head.

He asked looking at me, "Are you just a human?? How come your wolf is still not awake?? How old are you?"

I was really really embarrassed to hear his question...

I said with my head down, "I don't know.... My wolf just didn't wake up..."

He was surprised to hear from me.....

To be continued.......