CHAPTER 15

BEBE

I push off the ice with my rental skates and travel towards the centre of the rink. The others stare in awe as they grip onto the wall as if their life depends on it.

Clearly Red isn't holding on hard enough because just as I turn my head I hear skates quickly scraping against the ice then a large crashing sound colliding with the ground.

I continue to glide away in my own little world until I see Wendy struggling to skate straight without hitting the wall.

I skate over to her and wrap my warm hands around her cold hands. Her grip against the wall loosens as she puts her trust in me.

We stay silent but stare at each other lovingly. If we were in a cartoon pink hearts would be bubbling between us.

I gently push off the ice and drag her behind me. I make sure to go slow so she doesn't loose her balance.

'Okay, just follow what I do and you'll get it in no time whatsoever!' She smiles excitedly as i introduce my idea to her.

Wendy copies the movements I make and eventually gets to the point where she can move at a medium pace without my guidance.

We do laps around the arena, occasionally pausing to see Red and Kyle.

I drop in turns and start skating backwards. Everyone seems confused on how I suddenly managed to skate like then when they were all struggling to even move.

As everyone gets tired, we all do one lap together. We link arms with each other and attempt to skate at the same time but fail.

The four of us stumble to the ground and pull each other over. We sit there for a moment laughing and everything negative feels like it's left our lives so we can enjoy this. 

The world stops spinning just for us. Just so we can genuinely laugh and smile once again.

I never thought I would feel this open around these people who were once strangers but now that it has happened I think it should have happened ages ago.

Even though the cold ice is stinging me through my layers of clothing, i ignore the pain and continue to enjoy this moment of positivity.

We pull each other over to the rinks exit and fall forward over the raised side.

We all slide onto the long bench and begin to unlace our skates and put on our shoes. My feet feel numb yet warm all at once.

Everyone does all the boring things such as returning our skates. As we step through the doors, a warm breeze encapsulates us all. I shiver from the sudden change then quickly get comfortable with it.

WENDY

I float around like a ghost as I finish up skating and preparing to leave. The only thing that fills my empty mind is watching Bebe effortlessly slide the blades of her skates over the slippery ice.

The way she stretched her arms as she spun and how her hair whipped around as she twirled.

The way her hands fit in mine as she guided me sends tingling feelings from the tip of my fingers up through to my neck.

Just as I'm zoning out I feel something soft press itself onto my forehead. I look up and see Bebe's parted lips and Kyle and Red smiling.

Red jumps onto Kyle's back and yells out.

'BEBE GIVE YOUR BITCH A PIGGYBACK AND WE CAN RACE! THE LOSERS HAVE TO BUY THE WINNERS ICE CREAM!'

Bebe leans down so i can pull myself onto her back.

Kyle counts down and we start running.

While Kyle is being kicked by Red behind us, I plant a kiss onto Bebe's ear. She giggles and starts picking up her pace until we reach the ice creamery.

We hold hands while we wait until a huffing and red faced Kyle appears with a disappointed Red next to him.

'Kyle i hate to break it to you but I forgot to bring money. I really thought we would win- it must have been me kicking you that slowed us down.' Red speaks to Kyle as his red hair bounces as he shakes his head.

'Oh well it's fine. I've had a great time and I don't think me buying you ice cream will be good enough!' He walks up to the counter and orders four cones.

I order pistachio, Bebe orders strawberry, Kyle gets caramel and Red gets cookies and cream.

Everyone looks disgusted at my odd choice of ice cream flavours.

'I regret buying your cone if that's what you're gonna order' He rolls his eyes and chuckles. I let out a laugh and scrunch up my nose back at him.

I think the flavour of ice cream you get perfectly suits who you are as a person. Bebe is sweet like strawberries and Kyle is salty yet nice all at once while Red is just an energetic person who enjoys a mix of things.

The four of us sit on a park bench together as we lick at our ice cream silently. The sun lowers onto the horizon as the moon and stars greet us.

'Bebe, you remind me of those stars.' I whisper.

'How so?' She raises her eyebrow.

'Because of how you shine and light up my life. Even though there are so many stars in the sky, you are still my favourite. You always shine brighter than everyone else.' Her smile grows as i speak and that creates a warm feeling inside my chest.

'Hurry up and make out already!' Red exclaims.

'Ok bet.' Bebe says as she pulls my face towards hers. Red starts clapping and Kyle is quick to join.

'I never thought this would happen but now that it has I am definitely your biggest supporter.' Kyle breaks the kiss.

'That is 100 percent relationship goals right that!' Red looks us up and down and waves her hands at us.

Bebe must really be enjoying this because she pulls me into a second round of kissing. I ignore Red and Kyle and just focus on her.

Her and her long lashes and soft lips. Her and her fluffy sweater and smooth cheeks. Bebe and everything about her is perfect in my eyes.

I let my nose brush against hers and just as we lose our last bit of breath, we break apart.

'Ew you taste like pistachio. That's fucking disgusting but I'll let it pass since it's you.'

'I haven't got anything bad to say in return, to be honest. You tasted quite nice and I would go back for another taste if I wasn't so out of breath' I breathe heavily.

I lay my head on her shoulder as we all sit until there is no light in the sky provided by the sun.

Even though the sun wasn't shining, it still shone through Bebe. She provided a sort of bright light that would forever go unmatched to the dull rays of sunlight.