To save Iggy

-Fang's POV-

"I see it! The school is right over there!" Gazzy yelled. We looked at him and followed his pointed finger to the school.

"Alright guys, tight formation. We're going in hot." Max said. With that we all got closer together. We got into the school and where fighting like crazy. They where expecting us. A bunch of fists where thrown but we were heavily outnumbered and surrounded. We continued fighting until the only two left standing where Max and I. We continued trying but it wasn't enough. We were knocked out.

When I opened my eyes all I saw where blurry grey lines. I closed my eyes and waited until my vision got better. I opened my eyes again and that's when I realized it. We were back to being in the school. I was in that same old dog crate. I punched the cage and I heard a sound.

"Are you alright?" A voice asked. It was too soft or polite to be a white coat. I looked to where I heard the voice and saw that there was a boy my age in the cage next to me. He had silvery hair and dim, uncaring eyes. I felt guilty immediately when I looked at him. He looked away.

"Should I take that awkward silence as a yes?" he asked. I shook my head.

"I'm fine..." I said. He nodded. It was silent a little longer until curiosity got the best of me and I started talking to him.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Experiment number 11039." he replied.

"No! Not that. You're name! For example, I'm Fang." I said with a slight smile. He looked up at me with a little light in his eyes.

"I haven't really thought of having one..." he said quietly and looked away.

"Well... lets be friends." I said. He looked back up at me.

"Friend? " He asked confused. Did he not even know this simple of a thing?

"A friend is someone that is nice to you and you spend time with." I said.

"Oh... Then you'll be my first friend." he said with the cutest smile and a small blushed. My heart rate sped up a little. He looked really small when he hugged his knees like that.

"It's an honor." I smiled warmly.

-Experiment # 11039's POV-

"It's an honor." he said.

  This guy had a name. He called himself Fang. I remember when Fang was dragged my guards through the doors. When they came in I buried myself in the corner of my cage. I thought that they had came again to do more testing on me but when they dragged in this boy, it was clear to me that I wasn't going to be harmed for now, I would just be getting a new neighbor. He wore... weird clothes. He didn't wear the normal rags that the rest of us mutants wore. He wore black jeans and a black shirt while we wore a cream colored dress sort of thing. Who was this guy?

  He didn't move for a while. A long time passed before I heard his breathing become less calm. I looked at him, his eyes opened, then closed, then opened again. The thing that really startled me was when he punched the cage. That must have hurt.

"Hey... are you listening?" He asked, snapping me out of my flash-back.

"Um... yes? No. Sorry. Please repeat what you where saying." I said shaking my head slightly.

"I just asked if you saw anyone come in here with me." he said. I nodded my head.

"Yeah. They're a couple rows down there." I said pointing behind the cages in front of us. He nodded. I smiled slightly.