The plan

-Zane's POV-

"Hey Zane, I heard about how you weren't able to sleep last night because I wasn't there so I'll be up in just a minute." Fang said replacing another bandage. I felt as though the guilt in my stomach was spreading through me. Just seeing the wounds made me feel sick.

"That's quite alright. I want to get used to sleeping alone." I said as I went upstairs. When I got in my room I locked the door and went to my sketchbook. I grabbed a pen and started writing. This would be the letter that they would see in the morning.

*Knock Knock Knock*

I shoved the letter under my pillow and went for the door.

"Coming." I unlocked the door and opened it. There stood Iggy. Over these months, Iggy had been one of my best guy friends. He jokes around and bully's me a little but whenever he does, it never makes me feel left out, it had the opposite affect. I smiled.

"Is there something you need Iggy? Need me to change some bandages for you?" I asked.

"No, just checking in on you." he said. I started feeling nervous. Could he have found out? I thought I had been covering up well!

"Why is that?" I found myself asking. There was a slight shake in my voice.

"Zane... after what happened today... I know you felt bad." he said. He knew.

"But you didn't have to. You had barely twenty minutes of sleep and yet you still really saved our butts." he said after he closed the door behind him.

"Yeah but you guys are still hurt. If I had just gotten there faster-"

"If you had gotten there any faster? You practically came out right after us. And don't worry about these minor injuries. We've all been through worse. All of us. We're always in danger as well so whenever the school creates another mutant monster to come after us, we expect you to do whatever you can to stop them, like what you've done today." he said. I was still taking in all that he's said.

"We need you Zane and the power you have... it saved us. You saved us." he said holing onto my hands.

"That doesn't change the fact that I murdered those mutants today." I said.

"Yeah but hey, we all have! Before you came in the picture, the flock had killed more mutants than you could imagine. Join the club!" he said.

"I still don't feel okay with it. What about Angle?! She now has a scar all the way down her back." I said.

"Yeah. That's because we were all careless. We saw you getting the job done and just sit back and watched. If we had paid more attention then Angel would have been just fine, well, more fine." he said. Why was he saying all of these things? He was shaking my resolve.

"With this power... you could all get hurt." I said quietly. He cupped my chin.

"That's a risk, I think, that all of us are willing to take." he said. Yeah? Well I'm not.

"You're right Iggy. Thanks... for everything." I said. I gulped. I felt like I was about to bawl my eyes out.

"No problem. Oh and if you ever need another nap partner, I'll be here." he said with a smile. I sniffled and the tears started coming. Iggy hugged me to his chest and he patted my back.

"Its alright. You're okay." he would whisper this to me many times. Eventually, I calmed down and my face was red. My head kind of hurt a little as well. I just cuddled into Iggy for a while.

"Thanks Iggy. I'm good now." I said. He patted me on the back twice.

"Alright. Make sure you share your feelings and don't cry alone. You can come see me for that too." he said. After he left, I looked at the time. It was 11:54. I will wait for twenty more minutes till I make my leave.

I was wearing a dark black Hoodie and jeans. I had my running shoes on and the letter was laying on the bed. I quietly opened my window and breathed in the fresh night air. I silently jumped out and closed the window. Then I flew away. I knew where I was going though. Apparently there was another Mutant out there that was able to seal or at least restrain power. I was headed for California.

-Fang's POV-

"Hey Fang, can you go wake Zane up? Its breakfast time." Max said. I stood up and went up the stairs, but not before I heard-

"If he even slept, he didn't have anyone to cuddle with." from Dylan. I went up to his room and knocked twice. He knows that I do this by now. That's always code for 'Fangs knocking'. Iggy knocks three times. I waited for a bit to see if I could hear something. He didn't even grunt. There was no sound on the other end f the door. I knocked again.... No answer. That's when then hairs on my neck stood up. I tried opening the door but it was locked.

"GUYS, WE GOT A SITUATION UP HERE!" I yelled. I heard the sound of chairs moving and running up the stairs. When they got over here they where panting and looking incredibly worried.

"Zane isn't responding and his door's locked." I said wiggling the nob.

"Is that all? he probably is asleep and wants privacy." Max said putting a hand on her hip.

"He isn't going to get much any more." I said. And with that I kicked down the door and ran inside.

"Fang! What are you doing! This is an invasion of privacy and-" Max cut herself off. We looked around the room and there was no Zane to be see. I looked in his closet. All of his clothes where there except for one outfit.

"Hey Fang... there's something over here." Gazzy said sounding sick. I looked at what he was holding. It was titled 'To: The flock'

Thank you all for teaching me so much. I am able to write this letter because you all taught me how. Anyways, after the event yesterday, I have come to a conclusion. I am too dangerous. I have decided to leave you until I deem myself safe enough. I also need to do a little searching. There's no point in looking for me because I will be coming to find you. I have set up a new address for you. Here is the location. (location of the Bermuda triangle). The school shouldn't be able to find you there! I'll see you soon... maybe... but for now it is goodbye. I'll try to gain more of a personality and become stronger mentally in the future. Who knows?! Maybe when I come back, you guys will be coming to me when you have nightmares! Be careful on your way to the Bermuda!

Love, Zane. (Experiment # 11039)

I read that all aloud and my hands where shaking. Tears streamed from my eyes for the first time in so long. I wasn't able to look away from his hand writing. I heard sniffles and then the young ones started crying really loudly. Everyone was crying. Iggy punched the wall.

"I should have known that he was planning this! He left little hints when I talked to him last night and I just- I just... didn't see it." he said clenching his fists.

"I should have read his mind!" Angle blubbered.

"We all should have known because of the way he was acting yesterday!" Max said with a few sniffles in between. Sure, we may have only known him for three months, but had felt much longer. We were a family. I felt like my heart had gone with him. I didn't even get to tell him how I felt about him...