Chapter Four

Jasmine's POV

After my heart rate returned to normal, I got up, ready to move on. As I walked away the wolf let out a small whimper, and limped after me.

"What do you want, wolf?" I ask calmly, knowing it was to weak to attack.

It whimpered once again and nuzzled against my leg weakly.

"What? You want me to help you?" I ask, giving this wolf a look like it was crazy.

It whimpered and curled up in a ball.

I looked closely at it and noticed: its not a wolf. It just a dog with long shaggy hair. It must be lost like me. It was just hungry.

I no longer blamed it for attacking me. I've done some pretty crazy stuff to get food out, from one time to another.

I sighed, and plopped my backpack down next to it, rummaging through my belongings. There wasn't much... A small peice of bread, some spare cloths, an empty canteen that I used for water, and bandages.

I sigh as I place some bandages over the wound on his jaw. "You poor thing... I'm sorry." I said to it.

The dog looks up at me with thankful eyes, though its breathing was still slow and shaky.

I sigh and pet the dogs head. "You can stay with me." I say to the dog.

Its tail brushes against the ground as he moves his tail from side to said. I smile and pile up some leaves to lay on.

Ryan's POV

A wave of relief swept over me when Jasmine's heart monitor went back to normal.

Jasmine's twin brother Michael walked in. "How is she....?"

I looked down, shuffling my feet against the hospital floor. "We may have to pull the plug soon..."

"What?! No!! I've known her since I was born!!! We can't let her go after all this waiting! I need her to be there... I need her to be my sister... I need to do all that annoying twin stuff that I call dumb but I actually think is fun! I just... Ugh..." Michael said.

A tear came to his eye and I was slightly shocked, I've never seen him cry.

"Michael, listen-"

He interrupts me. "First mom, now her." He says.