Chapter 2

Asher's last words scared me , now what should I do ? How can I get pregnant in just two months time ?....how to explain to him that things don't work like that.

I flew away from the royal nest and came near the very edge of the forest and sat on a branch in the distance. I can still see a nest. I still remember this to be our first house after our marriage.

When Asher and I were married he built that nest on a peach tree hidden with green leaves to keep others away from us. This was made for our privacy so that we could enjoy our marriage without interruption. Just the time we were married this tree was full in blossom. The weather was good and there was love in the air.

The tree was pink and the nest was quite hidden so we used to sit together and watch the distant lands. Those are the loveliest memories that I had with him. We have had so many dreams together,  on moon nights we used to sit cozily in our nest and talk all night about any topic and that used to be the loveliest time for us.

That time he was not the king , Hudson was king of this kingdom , our house was not big but there was happiness, not much to eat but we were never hungry for love , not much to do but we had enough for each other .

Then a terrible snake attacked in our kingdom who almost killed our king , Asher saved him bravely and since Hudson didn't have any heir , he made Asher next king of the kingdom.

work increased , distance between us increased more  , our house became big but loneliness filled my heart , we don't have any problem but still I feel lonely, our cozy hut and low income was enough for us but now with everything in our way I feel I have nothing.

There was a time when rain water used to enter our house and we had to do so much to clean it later but that never made rain less appealing to us. We enjoyed rain , cold and summer days with each other and maybe those are the only memories with which I have to live my life now.

He has promised me several times that I am his forever love. What happened now ? How can he think about getting married again ? Has power and responsibilities gotten better of him ? How can he forget those days ? My heart is breaking. I don't know what I should do.

Wise owl has suggested that I try getting a baby the other way but I don't want to cheat Asher , doesn't matter what he does I can't cheat him. What should I do ? , see him marry someone else ? Oh lord, have mercy on me. I am so miserable .

" Oh my , is it Queen Shelley if I am not mistaken ? " I know that mocking tone , it belongs to Zinna ( Cuckoo  bird ) my nemeses and I hate her voice so much.

she sat with me and asked " Is it Queen Shelley reliving her old memories all alone ? ....or are you crying over the fact that king Asher is going to marry again ? " she asked , she is one of those birds who gets gossip news very fast , next time you want any jungle gossip you know whom to look for. 

" Weren't you the one who used to lecture other birds to have a settled life , not to look for mates every time and focus on having a true love.....guess you of all the people are getting replaced huh ? " she said with a mocking tone which made my skin burn with anger.

" You don't know anything...don't make up stuff okay. " I told her to shut her up , my head is going to explode from her constant chattering. " Judging by your anger it's true than....I see. Asher is looking for a wife , so your forever together is nothing but full of lies , I see that. " She again mocked me in my face but somehow ...she is not wrong. My forever has turned out to be a lie.

" But hasn't it always been like that....man wooing us and then building hopes with promises and then leaving us with an empty nest , no food and children to feed. Once they are done , they look for others .....it has always been the same sweetie. " she told me in her own way.

" And then you leave them in other people's nests so that your children are raised by other mothers when you just fly  around hunting for another man. '' I told her as it is true , they literally go into others' nests , drop the eggs of the poor bird and put their eggs and leave the nest so the mother doesn't notice and their purpose is served.

" At least we don't leave them to starve to death. And if the man has the right to fly away leaving all responsibilities and duties then why can't we do the same ? , don't stress about it. I know our views on things would never match.....but don't you want to know why I stopped here to  talk with you ?  " she asked without a change of expression. Well , I was wondering about that.

" Why don't you tell me what you want ? It's not like you felt bad for me and suddenly decided to help me out. I know it can't be true...." I told her and I know something is cooking in her head but what's that and why is she not sharing ?

" Well , I came here to make a deal with you. I can solve your heir problem but in return you have to allow me to stay in the jungle like a permanent member.  I know you are one of the community members and you can do it.'' She said she is such a troublemaker that no one wants to take her to stay in the jungle  but if she can solve my problem then I will be more than happy to help her.

" I will do it , now how can you help me ? " I asked her and she said " since you agreed it's my duty to help you ....queen. '' she said sarcastically but anything to keep my position in my husband's heart.