Chapter 7 - The Multicolor Doors

Frank pov...

There was a time when that little boy who was from a town named Frog Eye, was living with a father without a mother, the mother was hospitalized with a virus she caught in a lab since she was a scientist so she died.

The little boy was about 5 years old when that happened so the father got in charge of taking care of his boy by himself without the help of no one.

And that's what he did, he started working 3 jobs, and he kept going to class to honor the last wish of his wife which was 'not to give up on his dream'.

The boy lived to be happy with the thought of a lie his father made him believe, he made him believe that his mother was on a trip with her colleagues and that she would come back once the work was done.

The boy grew up to be 10 her mother never came back and he did not doubt any second not he never asked his father why she was not there yet, he kept believing at one point every night he left his room's door half open to be the first one to see her upon her arrival since when you open his room you can see the main apartment's door, so basically he would see everything going on from the outside of his room if his door was open.

At the age of 15, 2 months away from 16, the habit was still there, every single night he kneeled before his bed and put his hands palms together like he was praying with his window wide open, he looked at the moon and made a wish.

And obviously, you already know what is wish was about.

"He wished for her mother to come back," stated Axell

"Right."

And sometimes you do know your wish can come true if you believe in it well enough. But he did not only believe in it but he was doing that constantly.

Then one night his dream does come true, while asleep there is a bright light converges into his room while his eyes are closed, falling deep in his sleep.

Well, not deep enough cause the next minute he woke up, he saw the main door was half open and the light was also on so he started calling out his mother's name.

"Chlorine!!"

"Chlorine is that you?"

"Mother please answer me now and tell me that my dream has come true and tell me that it's you"

No one answered but the door kept making a weird noise while opening wider and wider and then he got scared when that silhouette of a woman in a black dress called to him, making him sigh with her finger to follow her.

He couldn't see the face of the woman but he was naive enough to decide to follow the woman through that other door that suddenly appeared she opened it and they got through.

Behind the second door, he saw everything he wanted, a life where she never left for that trip, and it was so real but little did he know, it was all a dream.

In that dream, it all resumed when he was 5 again.

"Hey Choubie wanna go to the attraction park or not?" asked his mother

"Yes, I wanna go - I want to try the new slide and, the tallest Ferris wheel Mom"

"Then all you have to do is eat"

"but I don't want to"

"Please take that last one, don't you want to be as big and strong as your dad?"

"It's not because Dad ate too much that made him as strong, he just went to the gym - plus he doesn't even like that kind of food"

She started laughing, showing all her white teeth and beautiful smile.