She-Bean

"Relax she-bean." the blonde stepped forward, hands up in mock-surrender. Elliot noticed the accent first.

'Newt' her mind supplied, remembering hearing it in her sleep, always directed to the male with an accent. Hearing the other two boys mumbling quietly behind him, she quickly placed 'Jeff' to the dark skinned male and 'Clint' to the one next to him.

"..stead and show you around, you'll get your name back soon if you haven't already,' Newt droned on. Elliot mentally cursed herself for not paying attention, having only caught the last bit of his sentence, something about showing her around.

Newt stepped closer to her and her body tensed involuntarily, panic washing over her as she jumped to her feet. Her vision swam, body feeling as if it were being pulled into the ground by invisible hands as she tried to steady herself.

"She-bean?" concern shadowed Newts face as he offered an arm to help steady her.
"I'm fine, and my name is Elliot not she-bean," she declared. Straightening out, she looked up at the blonde, decisiveness settling over her face.

"Alright, let's go."

**** **** ****

Elliot sat on a crooked bench besides the Homestead. Newt had shown her around a bit before exhaustion had taken over her again. She certainly didn't feel like someone who had been asleep for nearly a week.

She was glad the male seemed to have caught on to her exhaustion without her having to mention it, it gave her time to think. What she had managed to put together in the amount of time she sat there, was that she was scared.

She'd woke up in a strange place surrounded by boys(and one other girl who was still comatose) with no recollection of how she got there, nor who she was outside of 'Elliot'.
She couldn't remember her parents, though she new she had them. She knew she was a teen but not her exact age.

How she knew the color of the sky, could name all the animals in the 'Glade', and know the bench she sat on was pine wood, but not remember HOW she new these things. It both confused and irked her to no end. Any attempts at pushing deeper into her mind to remember, only seemed to shove the choppy memories further away.

Amnesia.

She knew that's what it was, once again not how, just did. The amnesia was a roadblock of sorts, or perhaps a screen that reached from ground to sky, because she had a sense of it. She was aware when she was forgetting, when there was something close yet hidden, yet she couldn't in the moment fathom what it was.

She wanted to scream. To cry and shout and curse the people who put her there, who stole her memories, pieces of her.

'That's selfish, don't make them suffer because you can't handle something you all apparently went through. You think your different, special? At least they're doing something with themselves instead of throwing single-person pity parties.'

Elliot pushed herself off the bench, ignoring the venomous voice in her head, silver tinted eyes scanning the glade before stopping on a light-blonde haired boy who seemed to be pulling what looked like carrots, out of the grounds of a large vegetable garden. She once again wondered how she knew these things. Her body moved before her mind could catch up, feet guiding her over to him.

"Want some help?" She cringed at the obvious pleading/hopeful note in her voice, but there was not turning back now as the boy, Zart, had already heard her.

"I could use a distraction, and you seemed like you could use an extra hand," she explained, feeling the need to justify herself upon seeing the boys confused expression.

"Wouldn't mind it," he said grinning at her before motioning to a metal trowel lying in the dirt next to her foot, "grab it i'll show ya' what to do."

Elliot did as she was told, before taking a seat opposite to Zart, grateful for the momentary distraction. She listened intently as the Keeper explained how to pull the carrots without messing anything up, quickly getting the hang of it. A comfortable silence fell as they worked, and soon enough they had finished.

"Well bring them over to Frypan tomorrow for breakfast, for now let's go eat, i'm starvin'," Zart declared, offering a hand to the redhead who took it thanking him.

**** **** ****

Elliot sat with Zart, Winston (keeper of the slicers whom she had quickly befriended despite his sort-of creepy, overly sarcastic personality), Aron, a scar covered, brown haired Runner(who had decked one of the Builders for the comments on her dirt covered hands not being very 'feminine', of whom she immediately made her one-sided best friend) and Eden, a shy, light brown haired Slopper with pretty green eyes, probably 14, who had been sitting by himself near Homestead, when Elliot saw him and dragged Zart and Aron over to sit with him.

"Damn, she-bean, ain't no one gonna take it from you no need to scarf it down like a madman," Winston snickered. Elliot paused her very ladylike reenactment of the beast from beauty and the beast during there first meal together, to glare at the Keeper. "Shove it," she replied, before going back to scarfing down the delicious stew.

"Yeah let the girl eat, at least someone appreciates my hard work," the playfully offended voice of Frypan buzzed to her left. She tilted her head back to grin at him.
"It's delicious, I'd eat all of it if I could," she praised. The dark skinned male grinned at her as he took a seat between Winston and Zart, striking up a conversation with Aron, as Winston subtly flipped her off, earning a raspberry blown back at him as Eden dissolved into a fit of giggles to her right at the beginning signs of a 'war' brewing.

The Slicer and potential Track-hoe went at it, hurling small sticks and leaves at each other, ignoring the humorous protests of there small group, who were trying to clean up, as the last of the fires went out around them.

**** **** ****

That night(Elliots first actual night in the Glade) as she lay in her hammock besides Aron and Zarts, a wave of relief flooded through her. She might not have any defining memories of her past, or know why she was put into the Glade with a bunch of boys, but at least now, with her new friends, the prospect of actually settling in there weren't as terrifying and unbelievable as it had been.

And that was good enough for her.